UK theme parks from another point of view!

Wortho
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Formula 1 BBC vs Sky

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Having watched the highlights of qualifying on the BBC and being very impressed I was wondering how it compared to sky's coverage. I currently dont have sky so was just wondering on people thoughts who may have seen both. I have been seeing a lot of negative comments on sky's coverage online.

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Formula 1 BBC vs Sky

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:10 pm

I couldn't care less about F1, but BBC purely because Sky is well, Sky.

SpinballEdders

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Since I don't watch F1,I'm gonna compare Sky's and BBC's Footie coverage. the actually match coverage sky show is awful, purely doing it for the money, the BBC has much better Footie coverage. However when it comes to covering the 3 O'clock kick offs, Sky do A MUCH better job than the BBC.

Tom
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:03 pm

I watched both today and in my opinion the BBC "extended highlights" show was much better than Sky's coverage. The BBC highlights covered the vast majority of the race and they still had all of the relevant interviews and extra footage etc before and after the race.

I wouldn't pay for Sky Sports F1 HD, also you get the bonus of having the highlights at a more reasonable hour with the BBC coverage :)

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:18 pm

I have watched the f1 on NBC and all 2 grand Prix sessions on sky.

Which do I like better?

I like sky's coverage as it shows all the sessions, practises, qualifiyings and the races. It's great for major f1 fans like myself and it also shows gp2 racing aswell which is good, also with the sky sports app it comes with the red button features which is brill

I liked bbcs coverage has it had stuff that u actually want to watch while building up to the race instead of sky's dull build up. Besides that nothing much really except the presenters on bbc were Entertaining.

I do like sky's version better than bbcs unfortally to all bbc f1 fans
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Mi-Nigle
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:00 pm

But what if you were to compare the old BBC co stage to sky's current coverage?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Mi-Nigle wrote:
But what if you were to compare the old BBC co stage to sky's current coverage?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Thats what i was using the bbc old converge. when comparing, i was using sky's coverage and last season's coverage from bbc
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Sky's coverage is adequate, but not worth paying money for - but it's worth streaming online without paying, as I do.

They have all of the races now, but the BBC will show half, and they are covering China the weekend after this one as their first race this year.

I did like Brundle when he was lead commentator on the BBC.

Mi-Nigle
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Tom G wrote:
I did like Brundle when he was lead commentator on the BBC.

So did I. Not sure who this new guy is but he sounds like he's commentating on the Grand National. I'm not too keen really.

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:58 pm

Ben summat, he is too over-excitable. Bring back Murray Walker I say.

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:30 pm

I dont really like the sound of the new guy on the BBC, just does not sound right. But Murray Walker can go do one, I hated him, he got everything wrong and got far too excited about anything that happened

formula1fan

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:51 pm

I actually like Ben Edwards. I think he's doing an OK job, but I'm going to give him a few more races until making a more detailed judgement on him.

For me, it'll always be the BBC. I refuse to pay money to Rupert Murdoch and his cronies just so I can watch all of the races live. The BBC have done a stellar job with the extended highlights so far this season, and by getting Gary Anderson on board, they have somebody with experience in the technical side of the sport. Yes, they've lost Martin Brundle to Sky, but that doesn't make me want to get Sky to watch the races, even though he's brilliant at what he does.

In slightly unrelated news, the French Grand Prix looks set to return to the calendar in either 2013 or 2014 (most likely alternating each year with Belgium) at the Paul Ricard circuit near Le Castellet in the south of France. And, according to the BBC's gossip column, Autosport magazine has stated that it will most likely be on the original 3.6-mile configuration. So that'll be interesting to watch the slipstreaming battles on the Mistral straight! :D

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:45 pm

After being BTCC commentator for 10 years I'm amazed Ben Edwards managed to stay awake during the F1 races!

Poison Tom 96

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:46 pm

If racing returns to Paul Ricard i shall be watching