UK theme parks from another point of view!

MattsDesigns
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Olympics opening ceremony

Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Well that was incredible  :shock: Danny Boyle's a genius.

How the heck did they fly so many things to precision with no rigid structures above the stadium? How the heck did those beds glow so well? Was it UV?

There are very few things today where I don't immediately know how its done but this was one of them.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.

Anthony
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Olympics opening ceremony

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 am

We destroyed our country so that kids could text?

That's what I got from it.

Nice choreography & fireworks yada yada yada but man if that wasn't a load of nonsense! It just highlighted what a raw deal we've gotten...and we won't even have the NHS much longer!

Was that in there though? Voldemort was sort of attacking the NHS it seemed...or maybe just kids as per usual.

I like Danny Boyle and it was alright. You can't exactly go and tell the truth about History at an event like that but then...why try to tell history at all if it had to be a lie? Surely everyone there knows the truth, half of them were colonised by us! That bit of history was conveniently left out! Not even an attempt to twist it - there would have been uproar! It's only the Brits themselves who aren't aware how badly they've been screwed over the years!

But anyway, what's on TV?

Oh, right...

ponder
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:27 am

I think the world banking collapse and the continuous 'limping on' of the Euro probably had more impact on our economy than the Olympics...

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps

MattsDesigns
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:13 pm

Ok this is how I saw it:
I just saw it as a show, a creative venture and just appreciated it for the creativity involved.

When I saw everyone moaning about it I was amazed at the state we have gotten to where people will just call these huge projects "a load of garbage" etc. without even thinking about the skill and recreation made in truely creative ventures.

To be honest, I would rather have seen the money go to Africa/India but it didn't. But creativity is light, just like charity is. Entertainment makes life better in the developed world but at the same time can distract for more important things.

Truth is everyone should start trying to dig wells in Africa rather than attack our creative minds. Honestly, and you can do this by joining organizations or churches- they basically pay for your flight out there.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:20 pm

after watching "Pandemonium" the industrial revoltion scene i was in awe, the choreography and the drama musical and physical was spell binding. And the music used for the 17 minute scene is now forever on my Itunes list,and for those who would like to know its by Underworld and is called "And I will kiss"

Truley the definition of Epic!
Well done to everyone who was involved in that aweinspiring spectacle.
=]
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123

DONT LOOK DOWN
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Well, to my opinion if you were a foreign person watching it you wouldnt understand it.
And I only liked when the angels cycling came up and the countries coming up and Voldemort.
And the thing about the NHS. Some european countries have had a better NHS than Britain.
Overall, I thought it was OK, but I think Beijing was better.

P.S This is only my opinion so please dont take it seriously.
Being number two is just being the first to lose.

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Personally I found the Olympic Opening Ceremony to be the best spectacle or show I've seen on TV in quite some considerable time. Danny Boyle is a divine talent, our country has a lot to be proud of (both historically and in the Olympics themselves - third!?)...

Certainly looking forward to tonight's spectacle! If it's even half as good as that of 16 days ago, I'll be no doubt blown away.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Agreed. I was utterly blown away by the opening ceremony. I've seen some leaked photos of the staging for tonights performance and it looks amazing. Now, if you'll excuse me i'm just off to get some popcorn!