UK theme parks from another point of view!

Michelle
TT Member
TT Member

Xbox One

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:17 am

Danny wrote:

"Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback," Microsoft's Don Mattrick wrote. "I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One. You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world."

In addition to being available in retail stores, Xbox One games will still be available for download on day one and will be playable on any Xbox One console.

"These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One," Mattrick noted. "The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold."

"We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity," Mattrick concluded. "While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds."

The simple fact that they were so motivated by greed and so out of touch with the mindset of their customers is appalling.
The damage is done I feel and some people will refuse to return to
Microsoft because they clearly have no wish to keep the customers happy unless they are forced into to it, had the backlash not been so great the policies wouldn't have changed. How could they have ploughed ahead with these ideas with no clue of how much it would upset their fan base.

Richardio123
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Xbox One

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:02 am

Which is why I'm still getting a PS4 I don't want an overpriced tv remote ;)
Signature Pending.. ;D

JamieH93
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:18 pm

Same, i switched my pre order to ps4 :p
Looks like ill have to play halo at my xbox fanboy friends house
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler

Wortho
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:40 am

I've pre ordered the Xbox One. I like the features they are bringing to it, its a shame that the steam type thing they were trying to do was shot down. I like the concept of steam as I like going back to old games every now and again. The kinect doesn't bother me as I use it from time to time and it does have its uses, I do like the voice control especially with on demand tv. I think what people don't realise is that there has been a massive move toward all in one systems now, it isn't enough for a phone just to be a phone, it have to do many other things now and this is the path microsoft ave taken with the Xbox one. I appreciate that its a games console but why are people shooting it down for being so much more. The core game play is still there it just has a lot more features that you can utilise as well instead of switching to different devices all the time. Its a bold move but I think it will pay off in the end. Whilst I admire sony for sticking with the gamer attitude I really hope they don't get left behind especially with them now charging you a subscription to play online something xbox was ridiculed by playstation fans for having for years. Once I heard sony were doing that my decision was made. I did consider the PS4 but that made up my mind to preorder the Xbox One.

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:05 pm

They still haven't gotten rid of the fact that anyone could be watching through the kinect on the Xbox One, I probs won't be getting either, but If I was, the PS4 still wins it, I mean, Microsoft don't listen to the customer, they just want money, and as long as most of the fanboys are buying their products then they will do the same with the Xbox whatever the name is going to be next, although next time they may well keep the bad features...

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:12 pm

jackandylan123 wrote:
They still haven't gotten rid of the fact that anyone could be watching through the kinect on the Xbox One, I probs won't be getting either, but If I was, the PS4 still wins it, I mean, Microsoft don't listen to the customer, they just want money, and as long as most of the fanboys are buying their products then they will do the same with the Xbox whatever the name is going to be next, although next time they may well keep the bad features...

All that is wrong now is that it's not Xbox 360 compatible. Also, it's not just the kinect, people could be spying on you via your web cam,mobile device and the PS4 camera! Also, kinect comes with it and the PS4 cam doesn't so really you end up paying only £20 less for the same sorta package you get with the Xbox with a much better camera,for the PS4. So in retraspect here are the same packages for not much difference in price
Xbox One, controller and kinect (proved better than the play station move)-£430
PS4,controller and camera-£410

Also, I will add, I am moving more toward the PS4 myself haha!
Last edited by Owen on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:27 pm

I know what you mean BUT the Kinect MUST be with the Xbox One at all times, while a computer can work without a webcam, so can most other things including the PS4, so really, I think microsoft may be perverted...:lol:

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:29 pm

jackandylan123 wrote:
I know what you mean BUT the Kinect MUST be with the Xbox One at all times, while a computer can work without a webcam, so can most other things including the PS4, so really, I think microsoft may be perverted...:lol:

I thought they sorted that out so that you don't, when they made it so that you don't need it to be on the Internet constantly

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:38 pm

Thrillmad wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote:

I thought they sorted that out so that you don't, when they made it so that you don't need it to be on the Internet constantly

they got rid of the internet thing, but people will still play online, BUT THE KINECT IS ALWAYS WATCHING :sus:

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:44 pm

jackandylan123 wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote:

they got rid of the internet thing, but people will still play online, BUT THE KINECT IS ALWAYS WATCHING :sus:

Hint...unplug it LOL, people won't get in if you don't go to any naughty websites

Wortho
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:09 pm

jackandylan123 wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote:

Xbox announced today that the kinect can be switched off via the settings. So much for that argument.

Danny

Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:21 pm

There are also suggestions Microsoft are planning to sell console bundles with or without the Kinect device, which will hopefully drop the price as well. If that's the case then I'll be eventually buying it as Kinect for the 360 felt like a waste of money.

panther470
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:40 pm

dont think this console is worth the cash sad to say may be time to defect to sony :(
big thanks to lewis 97

Senator
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:58 pm

It's now official! XBOX ONE IS OUT!

Thanks NickiFan

Joshysqaushy
TT Member
TT Member