UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
mikecloud1984
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 221
Joined: November 2012
Location: Southsea, Hampshire

Re: iOS 7

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:34 am

haydn! wrote:
It always makes me laugh when people come out at this time of year with 'Andriod' already does this, and that. Maybe it does. So what? None of the 'late to the table' features are ever deal breakers, I mean who would seriously put off buying a phone because you couldn't switch wi-fi on/off from the home screen?  :roll:


No one - correct - so why do Apple feel the need to shout about it?!

And in the cases where Apple did bring out 'features' after Android, the implementation was always an improvement. Before Face Time, video calling on phones sucked.


Skype is better as it's cross platform - bought out before FaceTime

Before Siri, voice control sucked.


Does anyone actually use voice control? I know that none of my friends do and Siri is merely a thing to play around with when drunk.

Multi-tasking on mobiles kills your battery, on iOS the impact is negligible.


My S3 Battery last longer than my brother 4S battery - whats your point?

And the other stuff people want... Widgets? Come on, it's 2013 not 1999. You want a icon to show the real time weather? Look out the window you loser!


People don't want "widgets" per ce - but they would like the choice which Apple do not give you!

It's also little rich to say Google 'invented' these features when all they've done is 'copied' someone else. They're features that have existed in the computing world in some shape or form long before Andriod or iOS. This is just Apple's interpretation of them, just as Google has their interpretation of them on Android.


Agreed - so why do Apple, again, shout about them like they are the best thing since sliced bread?

Look, i'm not having a go at people who buy Apple products - there is obviously a fashion statement surrounding them and I can't help but agree with the judge that they are a "cool" product.

But as a 28 year old male who has been hit by the recesion, I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to pay twice the money for something that does half the things.
 
User avatar
Richardio123
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 68
Joined: January 2012
Location: Manchester

Re: iOS 7

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:48 am

People do it because Apple has impeccable marketing strategies. I.e the new adverts about music and phones on the iPhone the music within the adverts has a frequency which is supposed to make people calm and content.
Signature Pending.. ;D
 
User avatar
Benb
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 41
Joined: November 2012
Location: London

Re: iOS 7

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:58 am

Ahh, the wonderful world of Capitalism - Pitching friend against friend, company against company and most importantly consumer against consumer....


In all honesty though each company is basically working on an even keel at the moment. Apple 'invented' the smart phone, Google 'invented' these new features and Microsoft, well, Microsoft seems to have had a minor breakdown in the backroom weeping over the phenomenal importance of squares. I'm sure the next breakthrough will come from the likes of Samsung or Nokia and the rest of the industry will willingly duplicate the look, or design, or feature. It's how these things go (one glance at the fashion industry shouts this loud and clear), in swings and roundabouts.

The new look is pretty, not particularly innovative, but pretty. I just wish all the various fan-boys cheering for different companies would chill out about it and have some constructive agreements instead.
 
mikecloud1984
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 221
Joined: November 2012
Location: Southsea, Hampshire

Re: iOS 7

Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:00 am

Richardio123 wrote:
People do it because Apple has impeccable marketing strategies. I.e the new adverts about music and phones on the iPhone the music within the adverts has a frequency which is supposed to make people calm and content.


Horses for courses it appears - I would rather a phone have the functionality in its droves to keep me content instead of "calming" me.

Apple's marketing team are fantastic - no doubt about that - but in turn they only spend 1% of turnover on R&D.

I would rather have the latest tech than the tech that supposibly looks good.
 
User avatar
Richardio123
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 68
Joined: January 2012
Location: Manchester

Re: iOS 7

Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Benb wrote:
I just wish all the various fan-boys cheering for different companies would chill out about it and have some constructive agreements instead.


That will never happen ;D
Signature Pending.. ;D
 
User avatar
Benb
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 41
Joined: November 2012
Location: London

Re: iOS 7

Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:51 pm

A shame, but I think your right. The tech wars are set to rage for quite some time yet...
 
mikecloud1984
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 221
Joined: November 2012
Location: Southsea, Hampshire

Re: iOS 7

Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Benb wrote:
A shame, but I think your right. The tech wars are set to rage for quite some time yet...


It will fizzle out when Apple shoot themselves in the foot......it's happened before!
 
User avatar
Richardio123
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 68
Joined: January 2012
Location: Manchester

Re: iOS 7

Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:14 pm

mikecloud1984 wrote:
Benb wrote:
A shame, but I think your right. The tech wars are set to rage for quite some time yet...


It will fizzle out when Apple shoot themselves in the foot......it's happened before!


Apple didn't have as much as a following when that last happened there has been lots of problems but people still stay i.e Apple Maps
Signature Pending.. ;D
 
mikecloud1984
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 221
Joined: November 2012
Location: Southsea, Hampshire

Re: iOS 7

Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Richardio123 wrote:
mikecloud1984 wrote:
Benb wrote:
A shame, but I think your right. The tech wars are set to rage for quite some time yet...


It will fizzle out when Apple shoot themselves in the foot......it's happened before!


Apple didn't have as much as a following when that last happened there has been lots of problems but people still stay i.e Apple Maps


People only stayed with Apple during the Maps fiasco because they had no choice - their options were "like it or lump it" - I bet all users downloaded the Google Maps app when it got released!

The market share and share price slump, as well as a lot of very annoyed shareholders could see another fall.....
 
User avatar
haydn!
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2259
Joined: March 2004

Re: iOS 7

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:50 pm

mikecloud1984 wrote:
haydn! wrote:
It always makes me laugh when people come out at this time of year with 'Andriod' already does this, and that. Maybe it does. So what? None of the 'late to the table' features are ever deal breakers, I mean who would seriously put off buying a phone because you couldn't switch wi-fi on/off from the home screen?  :roll:


No one - correct - so why do Apple feel the need to shout about it?!


They're not. The preview on apple.com (note it only appears on 1 of 100+ websites) focuses on the redesigned UI. Yeah, there is page advertising new stuff in the OS, but's hardly the most prominent feature. In fact you're making a bigger song and dance about it than Apple are!

Skype is an app. It's not integrated into the OS. The 4S is a year older than the S3 - the battery is also larger in the later. Will those point do?  :roll:

It's also brilliant that you'd say you'd rather have a phone packed with useless features to keep you content, when independent surveys have constantly shown iOS users spend more time using their devices and surfing the net than those on any other platform. Probably something to do with the 900,000 apps, meaning users don't have to rely on Apple building features into the OS, when they can choose what add-on's to add themselves.

And... as a 29 year male, hit by the recession, I'd happily pay twice as much for a phone that does 5 things great, than a phone that does 10 things averagely (5 of which I'd never use). Let's not even get started on build quality...
Last edited by haydn! on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
 
mikecloud1984
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 221
Joined: November 2012
Location: Southsea, Hampshire

Re: iOS 7

Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:32 pm

haydn! wrote:
mikecloud1984 wrote:
haydn! wrote:
It always makes me laugh when people come out at this time of year with 'Andriod' already does this, and that. Maybe it does. So what? None of the 'late to the table' features are ever deal breakers, I mean who would seriously put off buying a phone because you couldn't switch wi-fi on/off from the home screen?  :roll:


No one - correct - so why do Apple feel the need to shout about it?!


They're not. The preview on apple.com (note it only appears on 1 of 100+ websites) focuses on the redesigned UI. Yeah, there is page advertising new stuff in the OS, but's hardly the most prominent feature. In fact you're making a bigger song and dance about it than Apple are!

Skype is an app. It's not integrated into the OS. The 4S is a year older than the S3 - the battery is also larger in the later. Will those point do?  :roll:

It's also brilliant that you'd say you'd rather have a phone packed with useless features to keep you content, when independent surveys have constantly shown iOS users spend more time using their devices and surfing the net than those on any other platform. Probably something to do with the 900,000 apps, meaning users don't have to rely on Apple building features into the OS, when they can choose what add-on's to add themselves.

And... as a 29 year male, hit by the recession, I'd happily pay twice as much for a phone that does 5 things great, than a phone that does 10 things averagely (5 of which I'd never use). Let's not even get started on build quality...


Unlike yourself, I was comparing Apple and Google - your arguments are comparing Apple with Samsung which I have not been doing.

For build quality I shall point you in the direction of the HTC One X.

You are obviously an Apple fan boy who has been duped into thinking there is nothing better on the market - your opinion will not change regardless of my comments or reasoned argument.

Apple do not allow you to do exactly what you want with your handset unless you Jailbreak it. Fact.

For me, I find this intrusive and being dictated as to how and what I do on my phone by Apple. I much rather the freedom of Android/Google who openly encourage developers to give the platform new features and functions that work right across the Apple platform - points in direction of Google Drive.

We will not agree it seems on many of these points.
 
User avatar
haydn!
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2259
Joined: March 2004

Re: iOS 7

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:09 pm

mikecloud1984 wrote:
Unlike yourself, I was comparing Apple and Google - your arguments are comparing Apple with Samsung which I have not been doing.

For build quality I shall point you in the direction of the HTC One X.

You are obviously an Apple fan boy who has been duped into thinking there is nothing better on the market - your opinion will not change regardless of my comments or reasoned argument.


Seems like you need a better reminders App considering it was that bought Samsung into the conversation.

I'm certainly no fanboy, I base my opinion on obvious facts (it actually appears your the one whose opinion is clouded by a disliking for fruit) and my purchases on my needs as a consumer.

The HTC is an impressive phone, and I actually have a Android phone right now. The S3/S4 are good handsets, but personally I find them too big and plasticky to the touch. I actually want a Nokia 925 next but Windows mobile is still a little to young, with too fewer apps to sway me just yet.
Image
 
mikecloud1984
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 221
Joined: November 2012
Location: Southsea, Hampshire

Re: iOS 7

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:22 pm

haydn! wrote:
mikecloud1984 wrote:
Unlike yourself, I was comparing Apple and Google - your arguments are comparing Apple with Samsung which I have not been doing.

For build quality I shall point you in the direction of the HTC One X.

You are obviously an Apple fan boy who has been duped into thinking there is nothing better on the market - your opinion will not change regardless of my comments or reasoned argument.


Seems like you need a better reminders App considering it was that bought Samsung into the conversation.

I'm certainly no fanboy, I base my opinion on obvious facts (it actually appears your the one whose opinion is clouded by a disliking for fruit) and my purchases on my needs as a consumer.

The HTC is an impressive phone, and I actually have a Android phone right now. The S3/S4 are good handsets, but personally I find them too big and plasticky to the touch. I actually want a Nokia 925 next but Windows mobile is still a little to young, with too fewer apps to sway me just yet.


The Nokia handsets do certainly look and feel nice - the "skin" on the cases give it a different feel to anything else on the market.

The Blackberry is the one that has impressed me the most reacently - but like you, a lack of apps puts me off.

I wish I had waited for the One X instead of the S3 to be fair.
 
User avatar
MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 215
Joined: May 2012
Location: West Bromwich

Re: iOS 7

Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:26 am

Just to add my two pennies worth, anyone thinking of installing iOS 7 beta. Don't. Lmao. It's terrible. Now don't get me wrong, the OS is amazing, the new features are great. Control centre is a brilliant addition (which might I add was on iPhones before android was even announced because of clever jail break devs back in 2007 ;) ) but it really is one of the worst Beta's I've seen for bugs. They will all be ironed out by September though.

Now there are quite a few features on this that are going under the radar because it looks fancy and new. I'm not saying these new features haven't been seen before in some way or another, just that these features are there and will benefit many iOS users.

My biggest love of iOS 7 is obviously control centre. A close second is mobile data! You can now individually pick and see what apps use what amount of data and individually turn them off in settings. The new multitasking is great much easier with the flick to remove. although apple needs to add a close all button! Folders are now unlimited. So yes gamers can finally have ONE folder for ALL their games. You can also hide news stand in a folder finally. The new parallax wallpapers are great. They need some fine tuning with the gyroscope but it makes the background feel like its sitting on the back of the phone very clever 3D if you ask me. New icons are shocking as much as they are different and cool they are bad and unnecessary. Over all my experience with iOS 7 was short. I installed it the day after it was announced and removed it 2 days later as I couldn't bare the bugs anymore. Even eBay didnt work. And web apps don't work with safaris new layout. As to go full screen you need to scroll up. And the menu bar at the bottom slides away and the URL bar at the top minimises to just show the webpage title. But of course with web apps you can't actually scroll down the page , as it all works within the borders of the browser. Might I add at this point, that if they don't bring back the proper landscape full screen button for the final release. I shall kick off. Years we have waited for full screen and we finally get it and then they take it away in favour of the weird slide away feature. Which doesn't quite go full screen. This probably isn't so bad on an iPhone 4S but on my iphone 5 because of the widescreen it gives you a very wide angle web page viewing space. Which is pants. Over all though iOS 7 is amazing. It is refining things and adding necessities to keep it a simple, portable operating system. Which is what smart phones should be. Not like android and Samsung that just throw anything in to add to the "feature list". It just makes for a clunky over excessive and overly difficult user experience. So I shall be sticking with my trusty iPhones for many more years (on top of the 4 I've already been using them for) because there is no better portable OS. End of. Just wait for the full release first ;) lmao
Last edited by MatthewR1990 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
 
mikecloud1984
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 221
Joined: November 2012
Location: Southsea, Hampshire

Re: iOS 7

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:41 am

MatthewR1990 wrote:
Not like android and Samsung that just throw anything in to add to the "feature list". It just makes for a clunky over excessive and overly difficult user experience.


So the features that Google have "thrown" at Android are the same features which you are raving about.....

Seriously? Have you used an Android at all?

Android is what you make it - which is great because it means I have a choice. Apple don't give you a choice - and for that reason alone I stay as far away as possible.
 
User avatar
MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 215
Joined: May 2012
Location: West Bromwich

Re: iOS 7

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 pm

mikecloud1984 wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:
Not like android and Samsung that just throw anything in to add to the "feature list". It just makes for a clunky over excessive and overly difficult user experience.


So the features that Google have "thrown" at Android are the same features which you are raving about.....

Seriously? Have you used an Android at all?

Android is what you make it - which is great because it means I have a choice. Apple don't give you a choice - and for that reason alone I stay as far away as possible.


have you not heard of an opinion? did you not read my post? The user experience on iOS is the simplest and best way to use a mobile device. They only add features when and if necessary so as not to Over complicate the mobile experience. And i did also say in my post that apple arn't doing anything new, just refining what is already out there. I guarantee you I use nearly every thing that an iOS device offers. Samsung and Google add completely irrelevant and dodgy features so they can rave about their feature list. Lets take this new sound and image messaging you can do on the S4. WHY? Just send a video. It's useless it's just a feature they yell about that NO ONE needs or will ever use. do not give me your fandroid comments about freedom and staying away from iOS. If that is the case then get off this iOS thread. I was describing MY views anout MY iOS 7 experience. MY views on why I like the simplicity of iOS rather than the clunky overly exhausting Android systems. If you want to splurt your fandroid crap. Join a fandroid forum!

Do you see me commenting on android threads and pages telling you what YOU should like and what YOU should think? No. So get lost. My money. My life. My opinion.
Last edited by MatthewR1990 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
 
mikecloud1984
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 221
Joined: November 2012
Location: Southsea, Hampshire

Re: iOS 7

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:09 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:
mikecloud1984 wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:
Not like android and Samsung that just throw anything in to add to the "feature list". It just makes for a clunky over excessive and overly difficult user experience.


So the features that Google have "thrown" at Android are the same features which you are raving about.....

Seriously? Have you used an Android at all?

Android is what you make it - which is great because it means I have a choice. Apple don't give you a choice - and for that reason alone I stay as far away as possible.


have you not heard of an opinion? did you not read my post? The user experience on iOS is the simplest and best way to use a mobile device. They only add features when and if necessary so as not to Over complicate the mobile experience. And i did also say in my post that apple arn't doing anything new, just refining what is already out there. I guarantee you I use nearly every thing that an iOS device offers. Samsung and Google add completely irrelevant and dodgy features so they can rave about their feature list. Lets take this new sound and image messaging you can do on the S4. WHY? Just send a bloody video. It's useless it's just a feature they yell about that NO ONE needs or will ever use. do not give me your fandroid comments about freedom and staying away from iOS. If that is the case then get off this iOS thread. I was describing MY views anout MY iOS 7 experience. MY views on why I like the simplicity of iOS rather than the clunky overly exhausting Android systems. If you want to splurt your fandroid crap. Join a fandroid forum!

Do you see me commenting on android threads and pages telling you what YOU should like and what YOU should think? No. So get lost. My money. My life. My opinion.


Wow - on the defensive much?

Welcome to a forum - a place on the internet for discussion.

You opinion it may be - but I was questioning it - hence, a discussion.

Your opinion agian that Android is clunky and not good - an opinion that you stated that I am wanting to discuss - not get attacked for asking if you had actually used an Android handset.

You are obviously a very influenced individual who will not listen to reason and argument - because you have a phone with a shiny Apple on the back it makes you supirior.

I didn't ask to get attacked for asking for some solid reasoning behind your (quite wrong and mis-informed) opinions.
 
User avatar
MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 215
Joined: May 2012
Location: West Bromwich

Re: iOS 7

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:48 pm

mikecloud1984 wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:
mikecloud1984 wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:
Not like android and Samsung that just throw anything in to add to the "feature list". It just makes for a clunky over excessive and overly difficult user experience.


So the features that Google have "thrown" at Android are the same features which you are raving about.....

Seriously? Have you used an Android at all?

Android is what you make it - which is great because it means I have a choice. Apple don't give you a choice - and for that reason alone I stay as far away as possible.


have you not heard of an opinion? did you not read my post? The user experience on iOS is the simplest and best way to use a mobile device. They only add features when and if necessary so as not to Over complicate the mobile experience. And i did also say in my post that apple arn't doing anything new, just refining what is already out there. I guarantee you I use nearly every thing that an iOS device offers. Samsung and Google add completely irrelevant and dodgy features so they can rave about their feature list. Lets take this new sound and image messaging you can do on the S4. WHY? Just send a bloody video. It's useless it's just a feature they yell about that NO ONE needs or will ever use. do not give me your fandroid comments about freedom and staying away from iOS. If that is the case then get off this iOS thread. I was describing MY views anout MY iOS 7 experience. MY views on why I like the simplicity of iOS rather than the clunky overly exhausting Android systems. If you want to splurt your fandroid crap. Join a fandroid forum!

Do you see me commenting on android threads and pages telling you what YOU should like and what YOU should think? No. So get lost. My money. My life. My opinion.


Wow - on the defensive much?

Welcome to a forum - a place on the internet for discussion.

You opinion it may be - but I was questioning it - hence, a discussion.

Your opinion agian that Android is clunky and not good - an opinion that you stated that I am wanting to discuss - not get attacked for asking if you had actually used an Android handset.

You are obviously a very influenced individual who will not listen to reason and argument - because you have a phone with a shiny Apple on the back it makes you supirior.

I didn't ask to get attacked for asking for some solid reasoning behind your (quite wrong and mis-informed) opinions.


Yeh I'm on the defensive. This is an iOS 7 discussion thread not a "look at me, I must put you down for using apple devices" thread. I spend a LOT of money on these devices. And don't appreciate some jumped up little fan geek telling me that my opinions are wrong. If you don't like it then sod off and make and android vs iOS topic. Which this thread is NOT. My mis-informed and wrong opinions? Do you know what an opinion is? You appear to be the only one that's attacking anyone. My opinion is mine and I don't need to have reasoning behind it other than the actual fact it's MY opinion. And I definitely do not have to answer to you. I'd also like to point out I've not once said I'm superior to you. I just wanted to discuss iOS 7. not be questioned for my opinions and where I spend my money.
Image
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
 
User avatar
Richardio123
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 68
Joined: January 2012
Location: Manchester

Re: iOS 7

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:59 am

Syncing with iTunes is a more unified way of putting music on a phone. But I won't go into that
Signature Pending.. ;D
 
mikecloud1984
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 221
Joined: November 2012
Location: Southsea, Hampshire

Re: iOS 7

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:12 am

Richardio123 wrote:
Syncing with iTunes is a more unified way of putting music on a phone. But I won't go into that


:-)

I too use iTunes - it's best for organising music and getting artwork etc bar none. The new version got rid of the iTunes DJ though and I can't seem to sync any remotes to it anymore - weird.

I then upload all my music to Google Music and use that for playback.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests