UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:51 pm

Or the ride was broken down? :)

For me it had to be the diseapointment of Star Tours at DLP or maybe the long queues i have experience on XNWO and space invaders - two dark rides, to which the queue is invisible!

themadman26
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:09 am

The queue only equires for 30 minutes, unless you were queueing all the way down to Action Park

We joined the queline at the Ride operator's lunch break and then they wouldn't fill all of the carriages up
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere

topspin100
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:10 pm

most the rides at,alton towers on abusy days,no one should have to wait more than 30 mins for any ride.Its just a rip off!

Mitchell
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:14 pm

Well, not a queue, but a cost - I paid £4 last week to go on this roller coaster - it's rubbish.

Sazzle

Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:29 pm

We could have told you that before you went there ;)

It's not so much rubbish as painfully dull - the huge straight after the loop is like 'why??'.

It's a bit bland, and then Odyssey is a bit painful!

Not really the best place for coasters is FI.

Anonymous

Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:34 pm

gotta be the hex. When it first openend, me and a mate queued for it for around an hour and half - 2 hours.

Locker
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:32 pm

"Adz-TTR" wrote:
one and a half hours for shockwave at Drayton Manor. Wasn't worth it at all!

An hour would be about my limit. I'm a big fan of shockwave!

"Ian-TTF" wrote:
Steeplechase at BPB. It looks like a fun ride but I swear it's so unsafe! I was literately slipping off the horse and because I was squeezing my legs so tightly to prevent myself from falling I got cramp in my leg! I will never ever go on that glorified rocking horse again!

:lol: Oh yes, spot on, I believe I queued about 20 minuets for it on my visit a couple of years back.

"Behnom" wrote:
gotta be the hex. When it first openend, me and a mate queued for it for around an hour and half - 2 hours.

You took the words right out of my mouth. That’s my personal worst ride I've bothered to queue for spot on.

Regards,
Mark

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:52 pm

Queued just more than an hour for Spinball Whizzer, It was an alright ride but way too short and not worth it one bit!

evil cod

Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:20 pm

Manhattan Express - New York New York Hotel - Las Vegas
ok a 1.5hr queue already already a downer
now shock number one: the price, one ride, yes thats just one single go round cost $12.50 ouch

the the 2nd and major shock..... this ride really really sucks!!! its dreadfull almost everyone leaves it in pain it really is 100 times worse than corky.

I just found this video on themeparkreview that nicly illustates just how crappy it is http://www.sharktums.com/manhattanexpress.zip *WARNING* Contain offensive language and while the makers have obv tryed to remove it they have missed some!

rctneil
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:40 pm

Hi,
Has to be The Villain at Geauga Lake! The bumpiest ride ever created!

Thanks

Neil

Lightwater valley rules
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:46 pm

The worst ride i have ever queued up for was the toad hole at LWV. That rides so ubelivebuly boring. I queued like an hour 4 it.
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october

evil cod

Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:59 pm

"Lightwater valley rules" wrote:
The worst ride i have ever queued up for was the toad hole at LWV. That rides so ubelivebuly boring. I queued like an hour 4 it.

Surely you could of just found a building site and sat in a skip there???
If anyone is now thinking wtf am I on about here is a picture of the skip sorry i mean toad hole http://www.ukrides.info/col/lwv/toadhole1.JPG

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:05 pm

That looks really... Homemade?

evil cod

Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:19 pm

http://www.ukrides.info/col/lwv/toadhole4.JPG
yeah it starts at the top in the "cave" (which smells suspiciously of mouldy paper mache) a model of a "toad" (that used to be a devil when it was the "devils cascade" and still has little horns and is red in places) pops up and give you the saftey briefing (basically stick your head between you legs and kiss your ass goodbye) the modified skip then drops out the hole into the muddy cespit at the bottom where the passengers get out and the skip is dragged back up the top by a rope attached to the back.
It really is a classy ride

Lightwater valley rules
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:56 pm

:lol: nice description, a skip. When my dad says it was built i was like the "best ride in the world at the time" and a devil used to jump out at you. And i was like yeah right.

Its a crap ride really you dont even get wet.
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october

Anonymous

Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:06 am

they have the same ride at http://www.wicksteedpark.co.uk/ click on attractions then lakside i went there with my auntie and uncle and brother when i was realy little the bit i remember was the amount of dead fish in the bottom of the lake obj were the huge skip had ran over them....lol..poor fish.... :wink:

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:03 pm

Think the worst was Hex at Alton Towers, 2 hours for a haunted swing! Also hated X at Magic Mountain in CA, soooo looking forward to it but it was a right head banger and not a great experience :-(

Anonymous

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:03 pm

Our opinions differ then :lol:. Like, by a few universes.

IMO Hex is one of the world best haunted rides. Love it to bits... I would be bummed if it were a 2 hour queue but I wouldn't think any less of the ride.

And if I were to ride any coaster in the world, it'd be X.

:firebounce:

bond231
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:16 pm

That toad hole looks like fun, you queue just to get into a boat for it to go down a little hill and get mildly wet and get off and see a rope drag it back up. i would be like wtf was thats!

Also the manhattan express video is brillaint. It looks so painful and boring!

Anonymous

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:17 pm

Fortunately I haven't had to queue for many rides, but RITA? 2 hours for 90 seconds? What the hel s that all about... And it was in the single rider queue! In the end I still was sitting with my mate! Ridiculous Op on it though... :evil:

Also No Way Out at Thorpe, cure for insomnia, certainly...I'm ashamed to have it there
:cry: