UK theme parks from another point of view!

f1freak1066
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:40 pm

i had to wait an gour and a half for ripsaw last year

$t£v£
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:59 pm

Mine is ten minutes for traumatizer its not long i know but it battered my neck and im sure i would feel less pain from a battering ram
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.

MikeB
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:04 pm

even though its a "classic", i once queued for half an hour for the wild mouse at blackpool pleasure beach. i went on it with a mate as we were not allowed to have individual cars. i have never experienced pain like it, my legs and shoulders were being bashed everywhere and i was in pain when i got off. Won't be doing that again

Shadowrider
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:10 pm

The Haunting at Drayton Manor. I queued just 20minutes for it, and thought it was alright but nothing special, but then I rode Hex and compairing the two I realise The Haunting was rubbish.

Meh. I queued 45minutes for Rita, right at the end of the day. And I got front row.

That Manhatten Express video looks PAINFUL!!
Me? Adrenaline junkie? Never *whistles and stares at ceiling*

*Wills Black Hole to return...*

Anonymous

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:17 pm

G-force at drayton manor qued 30 mins for it. Its nothing special unique but to "tame" as someone else on here said

Cornetto
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:47 pm

I thought G-force was quite good to be completely honest, the worst ride ive ever queued for is this parachute ride at wicksteed park, basically you sit in cars under an umbrella, while it goes round in circles.

I queued for this for over an hour

Anonymous

Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:16 pm

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 11:47 am Post subject:

I thought G-force was quite good to be completely honest, the worst ride ive ever queued for is this parachute ride at wicksteed park, basically you sit in cars under an umbrella, while it goes round in circles.

I queued for this for over an hour

Now that beats the lot :lol:

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:37 pm

I'm supprised how many people have said Hex as that's an amazing ride and has videos in the queue line.

But the worst ride I've queued for and in fact the worst ride I've ridden is Samurai at Thorpe Park. Now let me tell you a little story until 2003 I would visit Chessington ride all the rides including the best ride in the park: Samurai. This ride was 1:30 mins of pure madness and was easilly the best flat ride I've ever been on and it even put quite a few rollercoasters to shame. Then in late 2003 it was anounced that it would be moved to TP for 2004. Now I was happy to hear this as now TP would have another great ride under its belt. But alas it was never to be. Firstly it was given a slightly embarasing new paint scheme, then people who rode it on opening said it sucked but this didn't put me off. So I visited TP and rode it. It was slower than a rusty roundabout. Latter in the year it was sped up but this made no difference.

Tbh I have more fun walking from Colossus to Nemesis Inferno than riding this piece of garbage. RIP Samurai if only you were strong enough to help me fight off the flamming I may get.

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:59 pm

"Nemesis Inferno" wrote:
Also No Way Out at Thorpe, cure for insomnia, certainly...I'm ashamed to have it there
:cry:

I knew i would see this ride appear on this thread

I think its a balance to be honest but I dont think any ride is worth a 2 hour queue for what is normally such a short ride.

I have never had to queue more than 10 minutes for X no way out and i actually really like it, its not worth waiting more than 10 minutes for but i still think its underated, i find it really funny and a change to the normal coasters, its very unique and stupid and insane and thats why i like it. backwards and darkness is quite entertaining, However if i had waited an hour for it not impressed. I liked black hole to

I cant be the only one to like X no way out?

Just dont queue very long for it

I once waited an hour to ride Enterprise and it was rubbish

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:57 pm

I quite enjoy X/:No Way Out too so you're not alone. It's made twice as fun if you play boggies on it. 8)

phillipvass
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:50 pm

19mins for Submission :roll:

Ant

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:24 pm

Ribena Rumba rapids two weeks ago qeued 30mins. Never been on such a short tacky themed rapids ride in my life as bad as that.

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:12 pm

"Ant" wrote:
Ribena Rumba rapids two weeks ago qeued 30mins. Never been on such a short tacky themed rapids ride in my life as bad as that.

It is bad Alton rapids are far better, nothings happen on it, you just bob about a bit in one wave pool section and thats it, no watefalls like Altons or nothing, rubbish.

Fanta
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:26 am

"timmy1372""][quote=""Ant" wrote:

It is bad Alton rapids are far better, nothings happen on it, you just bob about a bit in one wave pool section and thats it, no watefalls like Altons or nothing, rubbish.[/quote]

Well be fair, Congo River Rapids are just as bad as Rumba Rapids. Nothing happens for about 4 minutes, until you get to a set of waterfalls, which if your very lucky will hit the boat. The you drivel on for another few minutes before getting sprayed at by fountains. Rumba isn't the best but it has some deecnt moments.

Anyway the worst ride I have queued for is Inferno in 2003. All the hype of Nemesis, made me believe it would be amazing. Turns out it was absolute rubbish.

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:46 am

we queued about 2 hours for one ride in disneyland "the little train that could" it was so hot on that day and it wasnt worth it AT ALL!
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

Anonymous

Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:35 pm

"Davie" wrote:
probly, 1 hour, PMBO bpb, i hate the ride and i carn't belive scott(bicko) allways insits we go on it every time we vist that place, no matter how long the que is

I insist we go on it because its a good ride, you only dislike it because its better than Oblivion and Air :lol: Also we never have to queue for it, the worst you have had to wait with me for that is 35 minutes.

I think Rita, queueing 2 n half hours for that piece of crap was the biggest waste of time ever.

Lightwater valley rules
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:30 pm

:lol: I think the only decent part of PMBO is the first drop and the rest... its just boring. Couldnt say much for oblivion 2 it though but air is betta.
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october

Crofty

Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:59 am

No Queue for this ride as i went in off season - but if I had to que at all I wouldnt bother. Infact to cut that short, I wouldn't even bother! :P

Twister At Universal. You were given a lot of hype in the queue lines/ pre show then you were walked into a room that was like a stage then some big fans came on and they blew some things about (there was a cow on a large pice of rope that "flew" past. Then you went back out :lol: :lol:

:D :D

ukool
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:26 pm

luckley when i went to lwv there was no q for toad hole, would have been so unhappy if i had to q for it, my brother loved it but hes 7.

Daggsy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:16 am

The worst ride for me is Submission, i qued, 45 for it thinking it was gona be Amazing lol, turned out that i came out with a very painful leg, and a dead leg,
i had to walk on it for about 10 minutes before i had feeling again >.< It was Awful! :(