UK theme parks from another point of view!

Cobby
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Worst. Ride. Ever.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:17 pm

I don't know if it was just the day I rode it , and I only rode it once because it hurt, but Gwazi at Busch gardens was probably one of the worst rides I've ever ridden. Me and my family came of with headaches and a pain a bit like whiplash which ruined our day as we went on Gwazi for the first ride of the day. Done it once but NEVER again.

Nathan_Fisher
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:18 pm

It has to be Stampida at Portaventura, extreamly painful over the hills, your entire body lifts from the seat and smacks back down. Going round the corners is just as bad, your hip gets jammed into the side of the car. After riding the red train 5 times and the blue train 4 times over the period of a week i had brusing. Although that didn't stop be riding it.

Altonboy001
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:49 pm

Detonator
Its painful and hurts your ankles

Morgan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon May 18, 2015 8:41 pm

Sonic Spinball.
Now, as someone who will ride the kidiest of rides just for the cred, I was eager to ride. It was coming up to ride-close and I rushed towards the Disabled Entrance to find it with a 15 minute queue... This stressed me as I needed to pick up merch! Then it turned out there was only one disabled train at a time...
The ride itself was horrible as well. Unlike Fury, it hurt my stomach and was generally uncomfortable!

definedancing
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 28, 2015 4:51 pm

Morgan wrote:
Sonic Spinball.
Now, as someone who will ride the kidiest of rides just for the cred, I was eager to ride. It was coming up to ride-close and I rushed towards the Disabled Entrance to find it with a 15 minute queue... This stressed me as I needed to pick up merch! Then it turned out there was only one disabled train at a time...
The ride itself was horrible as well. Unlike Fury, it hurt my stomach and was generally uncomfortable!

I'm not going to deny for a second that the disabled policy on that is awful. It's frustrating for both the host on offload and for the people waiting in that queue, as it kind of defeats the purpose of not having to queue up in the first place. It's all completely down to health and safety and evacuation procedures, but it's still rubbish. And you're right, Fury is superior lol.

inFusion
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:03 pm

Cobby wrote:
I don't know if it was just the day I rode it , and I only rode it once because it hurt, but Gwazi at Busch gardens was probably one of the worst rides I've ever ridden. Me and my family came of with headaches and a pain a bit like whiplash which ruined our day as we went on Gwazi for the first ride of the day. Done it once but NEVER again.

Gwazi always has been one of the roughest woodies I've ever done. Used to hurt like hell and was always unreliable. Worse than ROAR at SFA! Once queued 40 minutes for it just for it to close when we got to the front of the queue!

TRM
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:24 pm

inFusion wrote:
Cobby wrote:

Gwazi always has been one of the roughest woodies I've ever done. Used to hurt like hell and was always unreliable. Worse than ROAR at SFA! Once queued 40 minutes for it just for it to close when we got to the front of the queue!

That's strange, I went in October last year and loved it, but it was my first woodie tbf so nothing to compare it to. No injuries so it can't have been that bad :lol:

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:27 pm

I also loved Gwazi :)

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:25 am

Thorpe Park - Slammer. I didnt like, however I am willing to give it a second try.

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:42 am

Manhattan Express/NYNY Coaster TOGO should be NOGO!
Desperado - All i can say is when you feel like you've broke your hip from the jerk of the chain connecting, it does hold out much hope for the rest. You slam into the bottom of the first drop with all the smoothness of a sandpaper pillow. You are then subjected to a minute of a half of crashing into the bar in front and having your spinal column scattered across the Primm Valley Desert.

Honorable Mention - Green Lantern -FirstFlight
Not a bad ride at all, but it is not comfy, you feel as though you actually fall of the track and get caught last moment when you hit them hairpins, and the g-s it produces can be of blackout level.
But still was a very fun ride at the same time, Abit like X2 amazing ride but some moment are really painfully rough.
I know gs arnt an issue as ive ridden 2 Capriolos and they are possibly my fave flats next to KMG Tango's.

definedancing
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:39 pm

stealthsmiler wrote:
Thorpe Park - Slammer. I didnt like, however I am willing to give it a second try.

I did it twice, because the first time was horrible so I gave it another go to see if it was just having a bad day. It was still horrible. :P

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Primeval Whirl in Animal Kingdom in WDW - probably the most painful ride I've ever been on.

So, where should I start...
Ok, so the theming for the ride is completely and utterly naff, especially for a Disney attraction. It has a massively low throughput, and you are held at the prelift for ages, probably around 7.5 mins, but it feels longer as there is a repeating audio loop of 'When the ride is in motion, please keep your hands and feet inside the car. Thank you' every 5 seconds (no lie). The lateral g's at the start are mega painful, and is a rubbish quality for a Disney ride. The bump at the end gave me whiplash as well.

You will know what I mean once you see this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI7AVo1YDao

Amarghh
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:40 pm

El Diablo at PortAventura. Went on it for the first time feeling chilled and then came off with bruised side ribs. You can't even brace yourself, it's like a punch to the side each time you pick up speed. My poor ribs

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:27 pm

Amarghh wrote:
El Diablo at PortAventura. Went on it for the first time feeling chilled and then came off with bruised side ribs. You can't even brace yourself, it's like a punch to the side each time you pick up speed. My poor ribs

I loved El Diablo, rode it front and back last Summer :)

cubwolf
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:11 pm

Hero at Flamingoland for me.
Awful ride that i thought would be a lot better than it was.

Tryst
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:22 am

Saw: The Ride, Thorpe Park.

I came away from that with a very sore neck. It's rough as anything and makes me worry that The Smiler won't age well.

The Grand National, BPPB.

Again, very rough, although I guess that's part of the appeal.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:30 am

Superstar Limo at Disney's California adventure.

A ride about C-list American celebrities and cardboard cut out scenery, bad enough to feel ashamed simply for having ridden it.

Kleo
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:30 pm

I went on a ride called Freak Out while at a Fun Fair on holiday which is very similar to Vortex at Thorpe Park. Before I went on the ride my restraint didn't shut properly so they guy came along and pushed it shut. Half way through the ride it felt like the restraint opened slightly and I spent the whole ride holding on wanting the ride to end!

My least favourite Theme Park ride is Colossus. Not the ride itself but just how uncomfortable the ride is. I went on Friday and came off feeling rather bruised by the ride. Such a shame as it's a good ride otherwise!
Thank You NemesisRider for my signature :)

RedStar98

Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:10 pm

Turbo on Brighton Pier, it looks pretty cool, but it's probably the most painful roller coaster I know, the last time I went on it I had a headache all day.
On the other hand, the actual worst ride I can think of is the Wild West themes laser ride at Drayton Manor. I don't know exactly what it's called but it's awful. I think it was fairly new when I went, yet my gun didn't work at all and my boyfriend's stopped working after a couple of minutes. The car was too small and the theming really was poor; the whole ride was basically a big room with some cheap props. I expected better from Drayton Manor

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm

My new one has to be The Manhattan Express at NYNY hotel. It's rough, has bad forces and is badly run.