UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
Danny
Contributor
Contributor
Topic Author
Posts: 2499
Joined: February 2013
Location: Essex

#TheDress debate

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi guys,
So as I'm sure most of you will have seen or heard, it's all over the news today of this debate over a dress. Some see gold and white, whilst others see blue and black. Here is the dress:
Image

It has gone global, with celebrities such as Kim Kardashian (if you can call her that) and Kanye West amongst others debating over the colour of the dress

BBC news has confirmed that it is to do with the receptors in our eyes and their differences, so our retinas take in these colours in different ways. THIS IS NOT A HOAX OR JOKE.
Just do a quick google search if you don't believe it, I didn't but after asking numerous friends and family members, I'm convinced!

I personally see blue and back, but what do you see? :)
 
User avatar
Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1584
Joined: September 2014
Location: The Barricade

Re: #TheDress debate

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:06 pm

Blue and black for me!
Image
 
User avatar
NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1722
Joined: May 2014
Location: Praising John Wardley

Re: #TheDress debate

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:18 pm

White and gold for me
 
Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1203
Joined: August 2014

Re: #TheDress debate

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:57 pm

I saw one picture, blue and black, and then the picture in this thread white and gold... I am officially confused.
Image
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net
 
User avatar
Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1584
Joined: September 2014
Location: The Barricade

Re: #TheDress debate

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:12 am

After waking up the black is goldish
Image
 
Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1203
Joined: August 2014

Re: #TheDress debate

Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Changed again for me... I'm confused
Image
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net
 
NemeJaney
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 257
Joined: November 2013
Location: Back, right-hand seat of Nemmy

Re: #TheDress debate

Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:30 pm

My Psychology class looked at this on Friday. The dress itself is black and blue, but the reason the colours appear different is all about the light in the surrounding environment. If you look at the picture in a place with lots of light, the dress appears whiter and golder, while it appears darker in darker areas(or the other way around, I can't remember). It is because we perceive the black and blue as shadows in environments with certain light levels and, in the case of the dress, we perceive it as shadow in order to make sense of the ambiguous situation.

Well, the explanation was something along those lines anyway :lol
 
scw55
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 356
Joined: July 2012

Re: #TheDress debate

Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:11 pm

The dress is in shadow, therefore its colour is distorted. Light affects what colour things are. But there's also psychological things and stuff to do with language.

I'm happy that Internet has noticed that colour is weird.

Now to wait for Internet to realise that sexism is bad.
 
User avatar
MerlinFan
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 140
Joined: September 2014

Re: #TheDress debate

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:08 pm

Do you see it as dark blue and black or pale blue and black? I see white and gold personally - could see the white as pale blue at a stretch! But the gold is definitely NOT black to my eyes!

The fact that I have seen the original dress on the website (which I do see as royal blue and black) and the fact that Roman have confirmed this is the same blue and black dress just blows my mind!! WHY do I see white and gold?? Waaaa!!
 
User avatar
Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posts: 2273
Joined: June 2009
Location: Stockport

Re: #TheDress debate

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:16 pm

When I first saw it it was White & Gold. After looking at it again it's Blue & Black.

But to be completely honest I couldn't care less what colour it is and don't quite understand how it went viral.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
Image
 
User avatar
Justin
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2753
Joined: April 2014

Re: #TheDress debate

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:13 pm

White and gold.
Image
Image
 
User avatar
TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 491
Joined: August 2014
Location: Newcastle
Contact:

Re: #TheDress debate

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:36 pm

NemeJaney wrote:
My Psychology class looked at this on Friday. The dress itself is black and blue, but the reason the colours appear different is all about the light in the surrounding environment. If you look at the picture in a place with lots of light, the dress appears whiter and golder, while it appears darker in darker areas(or the other way around, I can't remember). It is because we perceive the black and blue as shadows in environments with certain light levels and, in the case of the dress, we perceive it as shadow in order to make sense of the ambiguous situation.


Not trying to sound irritating but that doesnt actually explain how my form tutor put the image on the whiteboard and ths spread of Blue and Bkack vs White and Gold people was completely random. I asked my dad, who has a degree in some sort of science, and he said it was all about the cone cells in your eyes, because obviously none of us working the same way. Confusingly enough, I see Blue (but a light blue) and Gold, which is peculiar as the rest of my family saw Blue and Black.

I believe this is an appropriate time to say the phrase "Illuminti Confirmed" :lol
Image
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
 
NemeJaney
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 257
Joined: November 2013
Location: Back, right-hand seat of Nemmy

Re: #TheDress debate

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:33 pm

TheBeast wrote:
NemeJaney wrote:
My Psychology class looked at this on Friday. The dress itself is black and blue, but the reason the colours appear different is all about the light in the surrounding environment. If you look at the picture in a place with lots of light, the dress appears whiter and golder, while it appears darker in darker areas(or the other way around, I can't remember). It is because we perceive the black and blue as shadows in environments with certain light levels and, in the case of the dress, we perceive it as shadow in order to make sense of the ambiguous situation.


Not trying to sound irritating but that doesnt actually explain how my form tutor put the image on the whiteboard and ths spread of Blue and Bkack vs White and Gold people was completely random. I asked my dad, who has a degree in some sort of science, and he said it was all about the cone cells in your eyes, because obviously none of us working the same way. Confusingly enough, I see Blue (but a light blue) and Gold, which is peculiar as the rest of my family saw Blue and Black.

I believe this is an appropriate time to say the phrase "Illuminti Confirmed" :lol


Ah right OK, I don't really know the explanation myself, I just threw in the one I'd heard, haha :P In fact, there are probably several different explanations which apply in different contexts or something (maybe) :P
 
User avatar
Jack
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1413
Joined: December 2012
Location: Solihull

Re: #TheDress debate

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:59 pm

PLOT TWIST! The dress is just a figment of your imagination! :P
Image
 
User avatar
NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1722
Joined: May 2014
Location: Praising John Wardley

Re: #TheDress debate

Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:07 am

To be honest it shows the weird things the internet gets obsessed with :lol
 
User avatar
TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 491
Joined: August 2014
Location: Newcastle
Contact:

Re: #TheDress debate

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:57 pm

NemeJaney wrote:
TheBeast wrote:
NemeJaney wrote:
My Psychology class looked at this on Friday. The dress itself is black and blue, but the reason the colours appear different is all about the light in the surrounding environment. If you look at the picture in a place with lots of light, the dress appears whiter and golder, while it appears darker in darker areas(or the other way around, I can't remember). It is because we perceive the black and blue as shadows in environments with certain light levels and, in the case of the dress, we perceive it as shadow in order to make sense of the ambiguous situation.


Not trying to sound irritating but that doesnt actually explain how my form tutor put the image on the whiteboard and ths spread of Blue and Bkack vs White and Gold people was completely random. I asked my dad, who has a degree in some sort of science, and he said it was all about the cone cells in your eyes, because obviously none of us working the same way. Confusingly enough, I see Blue (but a light blue) and Gold, which is peculiar as the rest of my family saw Blue and Black.

I believe this is an appropriate time to say the phrase "Illuminti Confirmed" :lol


Ah right OK, I don't really know the explanation myself, I just threw in the one I'd heard, haha :P In fact, there are probably several different explanations which apply in different contexts or something (maybe) :P


Haha fair does :lol tbh I think NR is into something with this...
Image
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
 
User avatar
Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1115
Joined: January 2015
Location: feeding the flames

Re: #TheDress debate

Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:10 pm

white and gold :lol :moj Its like a thing on smiler!!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests