UK theme parks from another point of view!

Danny
Contributor
Contributor
Topic Author

Coaster X

Mon May 04, 2015 8:51 am

So this morning I came across this on Screamscape, which I'm sure many of you on here will be interested in. It's a competition to design a NL2 coaster meeting each requirement by the competition holder, and then one winner will have the chance to work with the manufacturer and build their creation in a top secret UK location!
It requires things like a vertical lift hill and at least 3 inversions.

Check it out here: http://www.coasterx.com/contest/

:)

Cobby
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Coaster X

Mon May 04, 2015 8:29 pm

Sounded good until I read that you had to be over 18, damn I had to be born in 2000! But I might just have a go just for fun and not submit it. :D But I do find this very interesting especially since you could get your design built but I wonder where it would go....

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 04, 2015 9:31 pm

Shhh the less people that know the more chance you have in winning.

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 05, 2015 1:25 pm

I'm entering into this, and I've gone for Intamin on the manufacturer side of it. I've finished the track layout already and am currently in the stage of supporting :)
Elements:
46m Vertical lift hill
25m Vertical loop
Norwegian loop
Downward corkscrew
Zero-G roll

This coaster unlike a few other entries makes two full circuits around the building allowing for a long intense layout.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 05, 2015 5:19 pm

Dan, I reckon your design would fit in well at Blackpool! I'm wondering what park the 'secret park' is.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Cobby
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 05, 2015 5:25 pm

Dan C wrote:
I'm entering into this, and I've gone for Intamin on the manufacturer side of it. I've finished the track layout already and am currently in the stage of supporting :)

Intamin that's interesting as I thought it would be a Gerstlauer coaster. However I'm still intrigued as to where this would go, maybe we might be getting an indoor theme park but nevertheless this is get work Dan and it looks a good layout. Good Luck in the competition! :)

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 05, 2015 5:37 pm

Interesting way you have tackled the space problem. I never thought of just going round it twice. How long is your track length?

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 05, 2015 7:18 pm

Total track length is 928m :P

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Only 50m longer than mine then. Although mine focuses on high G corners and a few inversions. Took a while to get the timing right but managed to get it to a reasonable level with out a brake run half way through. I'll upload pictures later when it's more done.

Danny
Contributor
Contributor
Topic Author

Tue May 05, 2015 8:06 pm

I'd love to see POV's when they are done :)

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 07, 2015 9:35 pm

Oh yes, please make an POV if possible! On terms of location could the 'secret park be The Wild Frontier? It is in the early stages of planning/development and will supposedly be 'th eworlds first socially developed theme park' I'm guessing that means the public have a say in what opens, I reckon it will be The Wild Frontier, or an indoor Park!
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 09, 2015 8:08 am

I think the problem with the idea it's frontier park is actually the colour scheme to be honest! The orange and white suggests space, slightly Oblivion: The Black Hole kind of theming to me. And, if the colours were similar to the rides at Silver Dollar City (a large wild west themed park) then I doubt it would go in a Western themed park.