UK theme parks from another point of view!

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Books

Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:58 pm

I just wondered, what books do you like to read?

I've just finished the latest book by Scott Mariani in his Ben Hope Series and also rather keen on Lee Child, but wondered what things you like for some new ideas for books to read!

NemeJaney
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Books

Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:52 pm

I'm usually not a fan of big fictional novels, but I love non-fiction, particularly books about how things work or how to do things. Anything to do with coasters/theme parks is great, but I also like topics like surf, human anatomy and arty things. I'm currently slowly getting through Tales from the Towers and Theme Park Design. The latter is quite comical at times in terms of how the author puts forward his points :P

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:22 pm

I'm a big Dean Koontz fan, especially the Odd Thomas series, something about the occult, supernatural side of fiction really appeals to me :) Also had a big thing for the Power of Five series by Anthony Horowitz in my younger years :)

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Dan C wrote:
I'm a big Dean Koontz fan, especially the Odd Thomas series, something about the occult, supernatural side of fiction really appeals to me :) Also had a big thing for the Power of Five series by Anthony Horowitz in my younger years :)

Occult and supernatural is pretty cool, read a series of books called the glass wall series by Cassandra Carmen (I think that's the name) and there's 4/5 books, short stories as only 150 pages long but couldn't put them down...

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:44 pm

I'm currently into my theme-parky books. I read Tales from the Towers, Creating my own Nemesis and Smoke and Mirrors. I also like a bit of horror, I read The Woman in Black a few years ago and thought that was quite good. Saying that, I am looking for another good horror books, any recommendations? Might go for Dracula some day.

My favorite book though has to be The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. It's can relate to it a lot and it's realistic. I did have a chance to see it on stage but I opted out (apparently it would've been too loud for me anyway) I would recommend it to you, but it's not really appropriate for younger audiences and the language is quite fruity :)

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Dracula is a great book for a classic horror book. I'll have a think as I studied a few gothic novels in university and really enjoyed them!

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:45 pm

Morgan wrote:
I'm currently into my theme-parky books. I read Tales from the Towers, Creating my own Nemesis and Smoke and Mirrors. I also like a bit of horror, I read The Woman in Black a few years ago and thought that was quite good. Saying that, I am looking for another good horror books, any recommendations? Might go for Dracula some day.

My favorite book though has to be The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. It's can relate to it a lot and it's realistic. I did have a chance to see it on stage but I opted out (apparently it would've been too loud for me anyway) I would recommend it to you, but it's not really appropriate for younger audiences and the language is quite fruity :)

Ash - by James Herbert is fantastic if you want a horror.
I am reading through game of thrones. (Let's face it, it has to be done)
I'm a huge fan of Bear Grylls so reading through his stuff.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY

Kleo
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:01 pm

I love reading!! I'm currently on a bit of a book break as I'm moving home but normally I read anything Sc-Fi, horror or fantasy. I absolutely love Stephen King and am currently trying to read as many of his books as possible.

tallicay2k- which book are you on? I read them all a few years back and really like them :)

Does anyone on here have a goodreads account?
Thank You NemesisRider for my signature :)

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:48 pm

I'm on the 4th book, trying to keep in line with the series on tv to see how they compare.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:54 am

Kleo wrote:
I love reading!! I'm currently on a bit of a book break as I'm moving home but normally I read anything Sc-Fi, horror or fantasy. I absolutely love Stephen King and am currently trying to read as many of his books as possible.

tallicay2k- which book are you on? I read them all a few years back and really like them :)

Does anyone on here have a goodreads account?

Not heard of goodreads, what is that?

Kleo
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:59 am

It's where you track how much you have read each year. It gives you book recommendations and you can join book groups etc.

I've just changed my privacy settings so hopefully you should be able to see mine :) https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5961285-kleo

I really enjoy using the website and looking back on what I have read :)

tallicay2k- Feast for Crows? That was my least favourite book although it did have some very good scenes in it. I've stopped watching the TV series. If you've seen any media to do with the TV series you can see a lot of book fans have become very annoyed by it!

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:07 am

I had a google last night and found it, I've set it up and I've just been on and sent you a friend request :)

Kleo
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:32 pm

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Aye feast for crows it is. I have heard the backlash from fans but hey I've got this far might as well finish them as I'm still loving it.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:26 pm

I like to read sci-fi books, that often result in humanity getting crushed by technology or by a disease. I often prefer more realistic ones rather than some kid who can cause earthquakes or something. Right now I'm reading a book which I found for free on my kindle called The Game.

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:10 pm

I love paranormal books.
One of my all time favourites is The Women in Black. Typical haunted house book, love it.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY

xylyx
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Used to be a huge book hound used to read heaps of fantasy/sci-fi and horror, just finished Dune, which was brilliant, and The Shining which was great.

Keep meaning to pick up Wardley's books, are they good?

Kleo
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:41 pm

tallicay2k wrote:
I love paranormal books.
One of my all time favourites is The Women in Black. Typical haunted house book, love it.

I love Susan Hill. I've read I think 3 or 4 of her books now. Woman in Black was probably my least favourite out of the ones I have read though. If you like Woman in Black I'd really recommend checking out her other books.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:44 pm

I don't read as much as i used too, but i have found i've been repeating books. A personal favourite of mine is To Kill a Mockingbird. I fell in love with the book at school. Have yet to read the sequel but its on my list (Which at the moment is huge).

vikkimoo
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:18 pm

I'll give pretty much anything a go, I like Marian Keyes/Jodi Picoult/Jojo Moyes and all those kind of "girly" books, but have also really got into dystopian future type books, although none of them beat The Hunger Games and 1984.

Recently read The Lie by C L Taylor which is VERY good, a thriller that keeps you guessing up to the last minute.

Always looking out for recommendations!