UK theme parks from another point of view!

CJH
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

VR discussion

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:37 pm

I have ordered a VR headset off Amazon today, and was wondering what's apps/games are good for these.
It's a phone based one so not expecting it to be amazing, what are people's perception on these headsets?

COASTERGUY246
TT Member
TT Member

Re: VR discussion

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:40 pm

what kind of headset have you ordered? a proper gearvr or something along the lines of google cardboard

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:41 pm

I've never tried one, although they look pretty cool. The first time I will be trying one will be Galactica on thursday!

Surprisingly, I'll suggest the Valravn at Cedar Point app which is a VR simulation of the new ride at a Cedar Point!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2057!
Ride count 2020: 284!
Cred count: 117!

CJH
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:14 pm

It's not a cardboard one, didn't fancy that. Its not a majorly expensive one.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B019W4 ... dp_summary

COASTERGUY246
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:23 pm

ah, its one of those. they run on the same premise as Google cardboard, its just a more refined and uses a more solid model. unfortunately i use the gearvr myself so i dont really know what apps are worth trying from Google play/apple store, because the gearvr has its own dedicated oculus store. like liam said, the valravn app is pretty good but thats about all i can remember from when i used a similar headset

on a separate note has anyone else pre ordered one of the new high end headsets? i have pre ordered an oculus rift CV1 myself and i am also considering getting a HTC vive too because of its room tracking functionality (even if it does remove possibility for trips to german parks next year :P)

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:37 pm

Today I tried out 2 upcoming VR headsets, The Oculus rift (development kit version) and the Playstation VR, The oculus rift was alright and I played a Horror game which was a bit spooky for me! However the image was a bit blurry, but i think that was due to it being an old model. The Playstation VR was actually very fun! They gave me 2 experiences to try out, one called "The deep", where you are a scuba diver coming into contact with sharks , the other was "The London Heist" it was a lot of fun, you use motion controls to shoot people whilst driving in a car, it was amazing!

Overall PS VR was awesome for playing games and the Oculus I need to see the final version to judge on it.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!