UK theme parks from another point of view!

Blaze

Re: Ug Land / Rita 2010

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:17 pm

"Begining Of The End""][quote=""Dormiens-Dave" wrote:
I think its the demon thing that might be angry about being disturbed (nemmie style), i think the wraiths are actually protecting the "thing" itself. Hence why they are stationed around the crypt

Or maybe, given something mentioned by Alton, they are trying to protect you from it. Could be an interesting twist.

The reason I say this is beause on the website - correct me if I'm wrong - it said something like no one knows their good or evil.[/quote]
Actually it was the signs at Scarefest, and they said "evil or benevolent", which is essentially the same thing. Plus they were intimidating and aggresive. The entrance and station wall all have sininster looking wraiths decorating them. Th ePR image released on December 15th shown 13 wraiths in an aggresive, scary pose as if they were reaching for you.

The wraiths are clearly bad.

DiogoJ42

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:17 pm

Half the time the lights don't work anyway! :P

mattgolfgti
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi this is my first post. I know names have been mentioned for Rita and I thought if it keeps the name Rita they could call her RITA speed demon, tieing in with the Demon of the Dark Forest. Just a thought.

Zoom in on the pic of the station, is it me or does it say COWARD on the side?
Last edited by mattgolfgti on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:02 pm

"mattgolfgti" wrote:

but... zoom in on the pic of the station, is it me or does it say COWARD on the side

It says CONTROL sorry for spoiling your idea

riderita
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:30 pm

"Blaze" wrote:
Actually it was the signs at Scarefest, and they said "evil or benevolent", which is essentially the same thing.

The definition of Benevolence is far from evil:

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benevolence" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benevolence[/url]

UnleashedLlama
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:39 pm

I think that if our lovingly plonked, little accelerator coaster was going to be call anything other than 'RITA - Queen of Speed' or 'RITA' this coming season, we'd have heard it by now, as we have with 'Sonic Spinball'.

Alton already have two new names to advertise with this season: Sonic Spinball and, obviously, Th13teen, so I can imagine any possible RITA name change happening for the 2011 season, hopefully in time for a nice new flat to accompany it! :D
[color=#FF4000]New for 2011]

oldgitBEN

Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:44 pm

anyone heard about Ritas Chicken and Ribs? Surley it'll look abit out of place a modern wooden resturaunt next to all these darkly themed rides.
Perhaps the dark forrest vines will just touch the walls of the building?

And what of the name?!
Heres hoping for 'wraiths ribs' haha.

Richard.N
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:06 pm

"oldgitBEN" wrote:
anyone heard about Ritas Chicken and Ribs? Surley it'll look abit out of place a modern wooden resturaunt next to all these darkly themed rides.
Perhaps the dark forrest vines will just touch the walls of the building?

And what of the name?!
Heres hoping for 'wraiths ribs' haha.

Ritas Chicken and Ribs is still called that, nothing has changed as of yet! and i doubt nothing will for the moment.
Richard Nicholls
Alton Towers Database

Moley

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:14 pm

Credit to Mr Sanbrooke himself for this photo:

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW6 / Thirteen - Ride & Construction discussion

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:43 pm

You can see the difference between the buildings then and now in this image I have created.

Larger Version: [url=http://i47.tinypic.com/2lw7tiw.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://i47.tinypic.com/2lw7tiw.jpg[/url]

Moved to correct thread :D .

Jon
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:51 pm

This looks so good - it really won't matter that Rita is still racey, its refurbishment actually looks pretty substantial. Because the whole area will now look alike, Rita really will come into its own and not look so temporary.

I also think its great that the park now have a fair few dark themes going on, yet balence it with the glee of places like CCL.
Formerly "Dagoo"

Blaze

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Entrance looks amazing, and so great to see all the hideous Ug Land theming gone. It was awful to begin with but seeing that picture really does drill home how bad it was. Hell, It would be better if they left it how it is now with no theming on the buildings at all. Hopefully the area will look as good as the Thirteen station!

Rita and Thirteen really do look excelent together!

fredward

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:05 pm

one thing that is bugging me, the enterence to the area, seems almost identical to the entrence to (possibly) the ride.

even the broken wraith is broken in the same way...

do you get what I mean?

the only difference is that the plinth's are different shapes.

jdselby1983
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:11 pm

i think you'll find they are more than likely the same ones with the perspective and quality of the photo playing some eye trickery. remember the concept for the queue entrance never looked like that, it was a derelict gate.

In the original picture of these down in one of the helix', there is nothing but the width of the track to compare the size to. I would say they are bigger than they appear in that photo.

Moley

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Do the pillars have a wall to the side of them or is it just the camera playing tricks?

Nathan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:14 pm

I sincerely hope they do something with that green shed.

I find it astonishing that they can theme the front yet don't seem to have bothered with the side? And please don't give me "why theme something you can't see" when you quite clearly can upon entering the area.

Squiggles
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:26 pm

"Nathan" wrote:
I sincerely hope they do something with that green shed.

I find it astonishing that they can theme the front yet don't seem to have bothered with the side? And please don't give me "why theme something you can't see" when you quite clearly can upon entering the area.

I believe that entire wall is due to go behind themed scaffolding with sheeting in a Hex stylee.
Edwardo..... move me!

Nathan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:43 pm

I suppose that will work, albeit a little lazy. :P

Thanks for the info! :)

Moley

Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:27 pm

After the months and hundreds of posts talking about the plans for the station building, you'd have thought people would at least remember them a few months down the line. :P

Maelstrom
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:35 pm

If you saw X-sector and oblivion a week before it opened you would have never thought it would look like it did a week latter and SW6 still has 5 weeks before it opens (i suspect they will still be putting the finishing touches right up until the morning of the 20th). Most of the remaining theming will be all made and just needs fitting i would imagine most of the rest of the buildings theming could be put inplace within a week. Looking at the recent pics it looks like the fake scolfolding is already being put inplace on the side facing Rita's station.