UK theme parks from another point of view!

Kittykat1987
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Least amount of rides been on in 1 day?

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Have you ever been to AT when it has been stupidly busy? How may rides did you get to go on through the whole day?

I went over Scarefest 2009 and we managed to only get on 4 rides all day as the queues were really bad! :x

We managed to get on Nemisis, Rita, Hex and Air and we were there from 10 am till 9 pm!

Jon
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Least amount of rides been on in 1 day?

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:07 pm

Thats really quite unfortunate! I think I've had a five ride day once, but a lot of that had to do with being too scared to ride things. That was on an Ultimate Event day, aswell.
Formerly "Dagoo"

Bloo
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:24 pm

27th March we managed to get on Sonic Spinball, Hex, Th13teen & Rita. The ques were horrendously long.

SLC_Boii x
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:32 pm

That's weird - I went to last years scarefest, and managed Oblivion, Nemesis, Rita (twice), Spinball, Air, RMT, and the Sealife.

Generally, the lines have been decent every time I've been, always managing 6-9, avarage.

Dylan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:35 pm

1998. Oblivion opening season.

1x Oblivion
1x Nemesis
1x Corkscrew

That was it. It was a VERY busy day.

furie
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:40 pm

People often talk about "the golden age of Alton Towers" - pre-Tussauds.

My ever lasting memories of Alton are 2-3 hour queues for most rides, and a ride count of maybe three if you were lucky.

I queued just shy of of 3 hours for the Log Flume on 22nd August 1986 for example, went over to Festival Park and did almost the same for Corkscrew - came home right afterwards.

I think that's the worst visit I can remember, and they weren't ALL that bad (like now, you can get in a good ride count on a busy day if you avoid the busy rides). However, the majority of the visits I remember from school trips and summer visits had these utterly incredible queues.

So think yourselves lucky you at least got on decent rides! :P
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:52 pm

I normally manage to get all the major rides and some of the not so major rides in on my visits to Alton Towers, even on very busy days and without using ERT or Fastrack. For example on Oblivion opening day I managed 2 goes on Oblivion and still had plenty of time to do Nemesis, Corky, Black Hole and all the other attractions.

The only exception would be a visit I made one nice hot and sunny July Monday morning back in 2007. A visit after a weekend in Blackpool, Arriving for ERT and having to leave around 2pm I managed about 4 or 5 rides as by 11am the place was just stupidly busy, being peak school trip season. I do feel for some of the pupils on these school trips during July especially, as most start arriving around 10.30-11am and they have to be back at the coach by 4-4.30pm. They are lucky if they get 3 rides in.

I have had some visits with not getting many rides in, but that has been due to the fact that I have spent time in the ruins or gardens, as well, of course, as the eateries, rather than the place being stupidly busy.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Mick
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:26 pm

4th July 1994. Cadbury's concert of the year. First trip to the towers. There from around 11am - 10pm (waiting for/ watching the concert from around 6pm).

Rides:

1 x Corkscrew
1 x Haunted House
1 x Runaway Mine Train

Flume queue massive. Didn't bother. Rapids queue huge. Thunderlooper queue into Gloomy Wood. Didn't try.
Nemesis queue reputed to be four hours. Didn't bother. Just as well. An hour later, it was down...
There\'s plenty of room at the bottom!

Mattia
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Haha, sometime last year. Think it was last August? Joined the TTF group late so only did Oblivion the entire day, but some of us went around in the towers and towers street and just mucked around for the rest of the day. Probably one of my best times though because it was just a laugh.

Everything can be classed as theatre...even you are classed as theatre.

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:32 pm

It was Sarefest 08' in the 1st of November (Saturday). I was on a 3 day trip, so got more rides in at a later date, but an overall count of:

Duel x2
TOTT x1
Air x1 (queued 2 hours 30!)
Ripsaw x1
Nemesis x1 (Fastrack)

Not much fun to be honest. It was cold, so busy it was hard to move, and even Submission had a 45 minute queue! Never again, but it was my first go on TOTT which I loved, that made the whole day still a success!

ArronL94
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:49 pm

Went on a sunny day near the end of the summer holidays in 2007 and it was really busy!
I didnt get to go on most of the rides, most of the queue times we're over 70mins! If anybody goes at this time on year I do recommend the fast tracks [-o<

I got on the rides:-
-Sonic Pinball x2
-Corkscrew
-Flume
-Rapids

I really wasted my time goin on the fairly rubbish and low queue time rides..
Im going again on the 15th of April, hopefully it shouldnt be too busy and get on some on the main rides!

ArronL94 8)

AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:15 pm

I have always been lucky with Alton Towers, I have always been on the big four (Nemesis, Oblivion, Air and Rita) and I also went on Th13rteen last time I went, however, at Thorpe Park it is a different story with me, (sorry to go off topic) last year I went on a summer weekend and we managed Stealth but couldn't be bothered to wait gazillion hours for the rest of the rides so we went home, however we had annual passes so it wasn't too much of a waste. :)
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

Blaze

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:24 pm

Worst I had was on my first trip. My spectacular grand total was 4 rides. 5 if you count my two goes on RMT.

I managed RMT twice, CRR, Air and Nemesis.

My next trip I only managed 7, but since then I always manage more than 10. My best so far was Scarefest 09, where I got on at least 18 (I lost track of the number of rides I had on Oblivion and Enterprise), despite not arriving till after 12 (or 2, I can't remember) and talking it slow, fitting in a lot of time in the gardens and not riding the big 4 till after dark.

EyeDE
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:03 pm

Three for me.

1: Nemesis: 3-4 hours doing the Britain's favorate passtime- Queueing. Over spilled the official queue and weaved around the area with staff telling you to try later.
2: Corkscrew
3: One of the flat rides: can't remember witch.

This was during the year Nemesis opened, I was at school so it was a coach trip (from Cumbria) and I'm sure the bus left at something like 4:30, and it was either a weekend, or a bank holiday.

-EyeDE-

andyuk200523
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:14 pm

One of the last Firework years, only managed 1 x Oblivion, 1 x Nemesis, 1 x Hex.

Unbelievably busy, but went back the following day for the last day of the season and got a few more rides in.
Andrew

Next Trip - No Idea!
Thought when exiting The Smiler - "Which way is up?"

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:27 pm

Urm, none! :D I just went for food one day about a year or two ago. Benefits of a pass. :)

Hmm but in the case of it being really busy, I think I managed Duel and Nemesis one day two summers ago, before giving up and going back too the hotels for drinks. :)

Danielle
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:26 am

About 3 I think.. we were not impressed after our 9 hour coach journey!

mwflynn06
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Was on a school trip and only managed submission oblivion and ripsaw

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:47 pm

The busiest day I had was a Scarefest during half term week last year. I'd already been to the event and done the mazes a few days earlier, so wasn't too fussed. Due to the length of the day, I wouldn't say are end ride count was too shabby, it certianly wasn't as bad as 3 or 4 rides only.

I tend to make an effort not to visit on a weekend, with my college course being Wed - Fri (Mon - Wed the first two years) I've taken advantage of the free weekdays I have had. This will change come the summer so we'll have to see what happens then! Indeed, I believe opening day this year to be my first weekend visit I can remember! (Bar Adrenaline Week/Half-Term etc.)

HypoTheGreat
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:34 pm

My least amount of rides was possibly on the first time I ever went, as I was with my sister who was rather scared of rides, and I was only about 12, so I couldn't really do much.

From what I recall I managed to get on Air, Nemesis, Hex and The Beastie.

What I do nowadays though if I don't get on everything I want to on the one day, I get that 'Come back the next day at a lower price' offer :D