UK theme parks from another point of view!

tidy_martin
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Orlando 2011 trip

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:59 pm

ok this trip was started by dean but this could be a fun one esp with the right people we are looking at doing 2 weeks in orlando will be more then likely from the 21st of september to the 5th of october staying on i drive as many hotels have free shuttle bus to all the parks and there is places to eat / do things on a night on i drive

as a rough price the flights and hotel from london will be around the £499 price IF WE BOOK IN JANUARY !

your orlando flex tickets plus will be around the £192 for 6 parks for 2 weeks unlimited!

and your disney park hopper ticket 14 days unlimited around £240

on top of this you will need money for food / drink merch around £800 +

also we will be over at the time of halloween horror nights with is about $80 for an annual pass so we can go on selected nights when we are there.

this is all rough pricing and we are looking for people who are intresed this trip like a said you have to plan early to get the cheaper flights and hotels so if you are intrsed please show your intress in this form

cheers love martin x X x

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Orlando 2011 trip

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:08 pm

"tidy_martin" wrote:
ok this trip was started by dean but this could be a fun one esp with the right people we are looking at doing 2 weeks in orlando will be more then likely from the 21st of september to the 5th of october staying on i drive as many hotels have free shuttle bus to all the parks and there is places to eat / do things on a night on i drive

as a rough price the flights and hotel from london will be around the £499 price IF WE BOOK IN JANUARY !

your orlando flex tickets plus will be around the £192 for 6 parks for 2 weeks unlimited!

and your disney park hopper ticket 14 days unlimited around £240

on top of this you will need money for food / drink merch around £800 +

also we will be over at the time of halloween horror nights with is about $80 for an annual pass so we can go on selected nights when we are there.

this is all rough pricing and we are looking for people who are intresed this trip like a said you have to plan early to get the cheaper flights and hotels so if you are intrsed please show your intress in this form

cheers love martin x X x

You can get Orlando combo tickets at the moment which work out cheaper than Flex plus. Do the same thing

I have ordered mine for attraction tickets direct.
5 park ticket for 2011 is £175
if you really want Wet& wild then that is £195
[url=http://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/attraction-ticket-prices/4-park-orlando-ticket.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co ... ticket.htm[/url]

Hope that is of some help :)

tidy_martin
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:15 pm

Plus, you’ll also receive:

FREE coach transportation to Busch Gardens on the Busch Gardens Shuttle Express when you purchase the Orlando FlexTicket™ Plus**.

FREE parking. Only pay for parking once if you visit more than one park on the same day.

Variety, flexibility and great value for the money. The Orlando FlexTickets have it all.

and all 6 parks

thats from the flex own website so i would buy off there

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:17 pm

With the Combo tickets you get the free transfer to Busch.
The free parking thing as far as I understand it is not to do with the flex ticket. You just hold onto your parking ticket then if you go to say seaworld to watch the evening fireworks you dont have to pay again.

Dean

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:29 pm

I've rung Co-op Travel and i've been quoted £849 per person for 14 nights from Gatwick on 23rd September.

tidy_martin
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:33 pm

2011 or 2010 ? and wait till you can book them your self as the travel agents add massive commison

Dean

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:41 pm

I'm not buying flights and hotel seperate, your not covered if anything goes wrong...

tidy_martin
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:03 pm

no get it from expedia when they go on sale as they not that far ahead yet and your covered i always get my orlando holidays from expedia

like a said travel agents add massive fees on top i know my mates works in thomas cook

---- Post Info Added ----

[url=http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/brochures/florida/holidays/orlando/international_drive/best_western_orlando_gateway/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/brochur ... o_gateway/[/url] £767 with virgin but like i said cheaper with expedia

[url=https://www.travelcitydirect.com/book/?portal:componentId=3815&portal:type=action&portal:isSecure=false&portal:portletMode=view&_target6=_target6&_page=3#errorText" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]https://www.travelcitydirect.com/book/? ... #errorText[/url] £682

woodla
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi, I am new to this site and I have just read about you going to orlando next year. Funny enough I am planning on going to Orlando next year aswell, but I was planning on going on my own, which wouldn't have been much fun. So if this trip does go ahead then I would be interested in coming aswell.

Thanks

tidy_martin
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:11 pm

hey i deffo wanna do this and lots of others are so i think it will deffo go ahead just hope we get a good group also might see if we can get some little perks worth a try if we got a big group going out

Krispy101
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:24 am

I am in the same boat as woodla, although I might be able to help out a little bit too as I've been to florida (orlando) every year with the family for the past 14 years, so if you don't mind me saying, I'm a bit of an expert! Halloween horror nights is a MUST. (That's all we've been going for for the past 6 years!) I also know that having 3 weeks over there booking this far in advance isn't much extra than 2 weeks, so might be worth looking at.

The reason I'd love to come as this October is the last holiday my parents are paying for for me, and with me only being 17 and the US's laws being silly, I can't stay anywhere unless I'm with someone over the age of 21 so this thread popped up at an ideal time!

Anyway, hope I'm welcome and would love to know more.

Kris

Dean

Re:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:36 am

"Krispy101" wrote:
The reason I'd love to come as this October is the last holiday my parents are paying for for me, and with me only being 17 and the US's laws being silly, I can't stay anywhere unless I'm with someone over the age of 21 so this thread popped up at an ideal time!

Anyway, hope I'm welcome and would love to know more.

Kris

Of course your welcome everyone is... we are just looking at the amount of interest at the moment then dates will be confimed ect...

One thing I do suggest if your looking to be a part of someone's booking and joining us is that you attend an offical TTF Alton Towers meet, as this way we would have the chance to meet up face to face, and have the chance to chat about sorting this trip in 2011.

NeilHD
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:22 am

One comment - if going for 2 weeks there is perhaps not much point in buying a 2-week flex ticket and a 2-week Disney ultimate ticket - you can't be in two places at once.

Might be worthwhile only buying a 7-day ultimate (which is valid for 7 days but the 7 days can be taken in a 14 day period - or at least that used to be the case). Then again last time I went the difference wasn't that much really.

Dean

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:14 pm

"Jem8472" wrote:

You can get Orlando combo tickets at the moment which work out cheaper than Flex plus. Do the same thing

I have ordered mine for attraction tickets direct.
5 park ticket for 2011 is £175
if you really want Wet& wild then that is £195
[url=http://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/attraction-ticket-prices/4-park-orlando-ticket.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co ... ticket.htm[/url]

Hope that is of some help :)

I never seen these before, I don't get how these can be £175 for use in 2011, but the Flex plus is around £209 for use in 2011 and it does the same thing?

So how come the Orlando combo tickets are quite a bit cheaper?

EDIT: Entrance to Wet & Wild is only on the 6 park one... #-o

Kevi8587
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:31 pm

I am interested in this what dates are you thinking in january ? i been to orlando before love the place and need to go again :)

tamtam86
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Hey,

I am actually going to Orlando on the 16th Sept 2011 for 2 weeks.

We have found a ticket for £409 that covers every park except Wet n Wild, so that includes Busch Gardens and Seaworld.

Can't remember which site it was on but will post once I find it

tidy_martin
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:23 pm

cheers guys for all your help this should be a good trip cant wait to play in orlando yet again :)

NeilHD
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:50 am

"tamtam86" wrote:
Hey,

We have found a ticket for £409 that covers every park except Wet n Wild, so that includes Busch Gardens and Seaworld.

That's a great time to go. It's still insanely hot but the parks are just dead. We were there first week of September last year and just walked onto everything at the parks we did that week. The only exception to that was Rip Ride Rockit at Universal but that had only opened a week or two before. Everything else just straight on - Sheikra, Expedition Everest, The Mummy... we rode again and again!

tidy_martin
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:13 pm

i wanna go to halloween horror nights hence the last week of sept / 1st week of oct !

also to people wanting to do this trip you will need to find room mates / main booker this is not a trip sorted out by ttf it is just a few member who wanna go and we are inviting are mates :)

if you wanna come tag along that is more then fine its amazin as the more will be fun please remember drinking is 21 in the states and im sure those old enough will be going out :) i for one will be

tamtam86
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:22 pm

"NeilHD""][quote=""tamtam86" wrote:
Hey,

That's a great time to go. It's still insanely hot but the parks are just dead. We were there first week of September last year and just walked onto everything at the parks we did that week. The only exception to that was Rip Ride Rockit at Universal but that had only opened a week or two before. Everything else just straight on - Sheikra, Expedition Everest, The Mummy... we rode again and again![/quote]

Ah I know I went the same time a couple of years ago before Rip Ride Rockit opened. It's fantastic as you barely queue at all! Am really looking forward to it!