UK theme parks from another point of view!

Matt.C
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Crocky Trail, 7th May

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:41 pm

Although I'm not coming, I just thought I'd suggest you meet in the car park by one-stop and the selection of shops surrounding it. You should meet up beforehand because the crocky trail people are liable to try and squeeze as much money out of you as possible :D I presume Vic has plenty of local knowledge but if you need anymore, I'm here :)

Vik
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 03, 2011 7:48 pm

Update :-

Crocky Trail inform me we will be able to get the group discount of £8 even though we will be in separate cars. However, to ensure we arrive at about the same time, there will be a rendezvous point at the car park for the One Stop store in Waverton, (Thanks to Matt.C for the suggestion) which is then just a short, couple of minutes drive to the Crocky Trail. Meet up time 11.20am if that is Ok for everyone?

I would envisage we will spend a good few hours here, probably leaving around 4ish for Cheshire Oaks, and some food.

As for Laser Quazar, this does need to be pre-booked, and payment taken at time of booking, which isn't good for the bank balance :shock: , and has an apparent minimum number of 12 people. There is another Laser Game centrein Chester City Centre. This is slightly cheaper than the Ten Pin Laser, but is around a 20 minute drive from Cheshire Oaks. Also there is very limited parking in Chester, but council run car parks are free after 3pm. I will look in to it if people are interested. I will message everyone shortly on FB asking what they would prefer to do after Crocky Trail, other options are 10 pin bowling or Cinema.

I don't think I have missed anything, but any queries, then feel free to get in touch.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

John
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 03, 2011 8:19 pm

Don't think I'll be able to make this as I'm really busy at the moment :(

Vik
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri May 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Shame you can't make it John.

Anyway, final update for tomorrow :-

Attendees :- Vik, Mattmash, Alex, Stu, Jordan, DanB, Jude, Badger, Russell, Russell's Sister, Rob, Dave, Dagan. Total 13 people.
There is also the possibility, yet to be confirmed of a special guest appearance. :shock:

Everyone, barring Dave, will also be attending Laser Quasar afterwards.

Weather Forecast :-

Cloudy with Sunny intervals, Max 21c. Slight possibility of a rain shower late afternoon, but will hopefully miss that.

Meet up @ 11.20am at the One Stop car park in Waverton (CH3 7NX for Sat Nav addicts), to ensure we arrive at Crocky Trail (CH3 7PH if you really must know :P ) roughly in convoy to save ourselves £2 and get the discounted rate of £8 for groups of 10 people or more. I will be picking Alex & Jordan up from Chester Railway station shortly before 11am.

I would imagine we would leave around 4pm and head towards Cheshire Oaks (CH65 9HD), and settle in to some Nando's or other eating establishment if that is too busy.

Laser Quasar is booked for two games at 6.30pm, need to be there for 6.15pm.

Anybody else is more than welcome to join us, but it must be stressed, if you wish to attend Laser Quasar as well, this was by pre-book only, (with payment taken at time of booking) and has been booked for 12 people. More people can be added on to the booking, but that depends on availability and there is no guarantee there will be any spaces left, depending on how busy it is.

Crocky Trail is £8, payable to the nice car park attendant on arrival (We should be able to park up first as we will be getting group discounts)

Laser is £11 each (£8.00 for Russell's sister at junior rate). Payable to me as I paid the full cost on booking.

If possible, have the correct change to save 'change faff' :D

See everyone tomorrow. :D

Lauren
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Such a shame I hadn't seen this topic before hand, this place is arms length from my house!

I hope by "change of injury" you mean, injury inevitable! I came out of the place with 2 deep cuts last summer which have left me with some lovely scars :P The place is so fun though, and I wouldn't hope out for sunshine as it's not as fun when it's dry. Word of advice, bring your own snacks - food is very limited and extortionately priced, as Vik probably already knows :)

MinteButtons

Fri May 06, 2011 8:34 pm

I've only just realised, this is the same day as I'm going with my sister, so I might see everyone going round and say hello, depending on what time we're going...

Matt.C
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 06, 2011 11:03 pm

"Lauren" wrote:
Such a shame I hadn't seen this topic before hand, this place is arms length from my house!

I hope by "change of injury" you mean, injury inevitable! I came out of the place with 2 deep cuts last summer which have left me with some lovely scars :P The place is so fun though, and I wouldn't hope out for sunshine as it's not as fun when it's dry. Word of advice, bring your own snacks - food is very limited and extortionately priced, as Vik probably already knows :)

This is extremely good advice^ While stuff like drink is alright pricewise, anything more substantial charges like a wounded bull.

Vik
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat May 07, 2011 9:01 pm

Well, good news (or maybe bad? :P ), we all made it out alive from The Crocky Trail. Things didn't get off to the best of starts with Alex managing a rather large graze on his leg that drew some blood within about 5 minutes of arriving. This was following Jude, who failed to stop at the bottom of a slide and careered in to the gravel trap :shock: . A few other knocks and scrapes, hurt backs, damaged shoulders, but I think everyone will live. I think anyway. 8-[

The forecast was sunny spells with a rain shower late afternoon. Theyz got it wrongz didn't they. :shock:
Picking up Alex & Jordan from Chester station at 11am it started to rain quite heavily, and was still raining when we met up with everyone else. And still it continued to rain whilst at the Crocky Trail. I do have to agree though, it does seem to make it much better. You really do have to watch your footing, and it is quite fun to watch everyone else perform the same task in the hope that they might fall in the stream. :P It was a good job most of us had a change of clothes as they were well needed afterwards, though we were clean compared to some of the youngsters there. The rain finally stopped as we were near the end, and by the time we left, the sun was shining.

We left Crocky Trail a bit earlier than expected, and headed to Cheshire Oaks. Nandos was way too busy and they would not be able to fit us in for another 30-45 minutes, so we walked up to TGI Fridays. Had a wonderful meal there, and then headed to Tenpin for our Laser game. We were about 45 minutes early, but they kindly allowed us to go in early. The first game I was quite poor, and I had to change my pack within the first few minutes as it wouldn't re-energise. Second game I managed to come second, mainly thanks to helping defend our base from the onslaught by Chris, Alex, who were quite relentless.

Have had a fantastic day today, in great company as usual. A huge thank you for everyone that came along today. All of you travelled some distance, in some cases up to 2 1/2 hours each way. Glad everyone enjoyed themselves. No doubt will do it again sometime.

Will be sorting out some photos soon to upload to Faffbook. One advantage of living just 5 minutes away from where we played Laser Quasar, I can get em' all on line before anyone else gets home. :P Though I think I need a coffee first.

EDIT Photos finally uploaded, can be seen HERE

Couple of highlights :-

Judy-Poody

Sat May 07, 2011 10:51 pm

Oh my word! im aching and exhausted, but it was soooooooooooo worth it ;D

I woke up this morning truely buzzing with excitement towards the pendings activities, and just our luck...it was hammering it down XD bah! however, this did very little to dampen our spirits! (HA! see what i did there ;P) lol
Our visit to Crocky Trails was very much filled with pain (most notably experianced by Badger, Alex, Russell and Rob XD) and looootttsss of mud (thanks to a certain tunnel!), but if anything this just made the experiance all the more hillarious! i did NOT like the verticle death slide! lol XD but it was so hillarious watching everyone else on attractions like that of the Titanic slide,the tumble dryer, spider trap, and the vast selection of truely cringe worthy bridges (which in the wet weather, was made all the more thrilling XP).

so, when this section of the day closed (and the sun finally came out! TYPICAL XD) and we were all redressed and cleaned (well, as clean as we could get anyway), we embarked on our journey to cheshire oaks, after which (having turned down the option for nandos as vik has already pointed out) we headed straight to TGI Fridays, which was AMAZING! my drink was epic wasnt it Stu! plus, we had some hillarious antics with the helium balloons! apparently my helium laugh sounded rather manic and TOTT worthy... sorry XP but Stu continued his role of epic Helium user! ;P hehe love it! never fails to make me laugh!

Moving on though, when we then embarked upon our epic lazer quest, it really was an opportunity to see some peoples true colours! gosh we TTF'ers really are a competative bunch! (i did some dirty cheating myself XD didnt i Alex! lol)! well played everyone though! well played! esspecially the Green team! we reds still rocked though!

Anyhoo, this really was an amazing way to have an adventure outside of the themepark walls, and i would like to make special thanks to Vik for arranging this wonderful get to gether, and to Russell for providing a really enjoyable lift there and back!
thank you everyone! :)

Russell
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 08, 2011 11:12 am

Well big thanks to Vik for organising this and it deffinately was worth the 3 and a 1/2 hour plus trip up there!

I had a fantastic time at the Crocky Trail despite injuring my shoulder and my back! Can't actually move my neck at the moment! Some of the bridges and obstacles really do seem like death traps! :P Kick the Bucket was definatley a highlight as was me being the only one to attempt (and succeding) to cross the log bridge thingy, despite Alex's photo! :)

Food at TGI Friday's was great and Laser Quest was just brilliant! Havent been since I was about 13 so I was really pleased to find myself coming 2nd on both games! COME ON THE GREENS!

Thanks to everyone for such an amazing day, now excuse me while I go for a hot bath and ponder a trip to A&E! :P
Since April 2008