UK theme parks from another point of view!

.Will

Re: English Football 2011/2012

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:10 am

"Moley" wrote:
I'd be banned for my thoughts on today's game, though it is amusing watching people who hate United for "buying the title" celebrating a victory by Manchester City.

Ah ha, I remember having the same convosation with a friend who is a Chelsea supporter when they bought success in the Premier League.

What was it that Manchester City spent 150 million in the summer? As nice as it is to watch there is a 'cheat' element to it. I mean if a lower team has two or three good players and they are knocking on the door for the top 6 or 7 they get torn apart by the larger clubs Aston Villa being an example.

Anyways at least there will be some rotation at the top. Not really a fan of City for taking the FA Cup but I tend to avoid those clubs.

On a lighter note there wasn't one bad game of football today. The Everton Fulham game was fantastic.

:)

Moley

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:52 am

"barryzola" wrote:
Fans at Old Trafford who have seen their team unbeaten at home for about a year walking out 20 minutes before the end just because they're losing one match (albeit to their local rivals). Sums a lot of them up for me and shows you that a lot of them are not interested unless they are getting the glory. Poor show to be honest, and i'm sure that Sir Alex himself would even be ashamed of them.

Happens up and down the country unfortunately. One of the main reasons I'll opt for tickets to away games than go to Old Trafford these days. You can rightly put down the home support, especially yesterday when it was only beaten in the pathetic department by the activities on the pitch, but the United away following is second to none.

barryzola

Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:44 am

"Moley""][quote=""barryzola" wrote:
Fans at Old Trafford who have seen their team unbeaten at home for about a year walking out 20 minutes before the end just because they're losing one match (albeit to their local rivals). Sums a lot of them up for me and shows you that a lot of them are not interested unless they are getting the glory. Poor show to be honest, and i'm sure that Sir Alex himself would even be ashamed of them.

Happens up and down the country unfortunately. One of the main reasons I'll opt for tickets to away games than go to Old Trafford these days. You can rightly put down the home support, especially yesterday when it was only beaten in the pathetic department by the activities on the pitch, but the United away following is second to none.[/quote]

I will concede that the Utd away following do make a right racket. Very cheeky bunch as well! : ) I've encountered them first hand on numerous occasions from the other side of the divide at the Hawthorns. They know how to rub it in alright.

:wink:

Our time will come though. One day.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:24 am

Well United as they will, will bounce back next time out, but a little diminished, now they know that they DO have a threat. City are now playing AS A TEAM.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:35 am

"Moley" wrote:
I'd be banned for my thoughts on today's game, though it is amusing watching people who hate United for "buying the title" celebrating a victory by Manchester City.

I do hate Manchester United, but not for buying titles, I hate them for these 4 reasons:

Their "look at us we are the best" mentality.

The way officials are blatantly biased to them (fergie time).

Their glory supporting knobhead fans.*

Their manager.

*Not saying all ManUre fans are glory supporting knobs, just most of them.

Also, Sheff Wednesday, Millwall and Leeds have better away fans than you.

LordOfDarkness
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:43 pm

SVEN</3

SamRyan ~ @SamRyanSport

Moley

Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:39 pm

I take it as a compliment that the highlight of a lot of football supporters' season isn't their team winning a trophy or even a game, but United losing.

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:08 pm

Meh, our seasons been pretty bad so far. 16th after 14 games for a team that was in the championship last season is a joke. Knill out.

JB1985
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:21 pm

I still firmly believe united will win the league this season, they have the experience as a side and are traditionally better after xmas....i just feel the Tevez factor, African Nations and possibly Balotelli having a strop will effect Man City and Chelsea to much.....Have to say though, what a squad City have now though. If they dont make the Champions League semi's i will be suprised.

In the world, only two teams have a better squad, Barca and the Spain national team!

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Mancini is a good manager, but give me all the money in the world and I'd have a team much better than his, that would have cost less and won more.

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:15 pm

"Ritadz" wrote:
Mancini is a good manager, but give me all the money in the world and I'd have a team much better than his, that would have cost less and won more.

Suuuuuure. ;)

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:20 pm

If I had been appointed when Mark Hughes was, I would have built a team that would have already re wrote history. If I had got the job when Mancini did I would have a team that's in the process of re writing history.

.Will

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:11 am

"Ritadz" wrote:

My arse.

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:03 am

Will, your over seriousness never fails to amuse me. ;)

.Will

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:19 am

Hang on.

".Will"&quot;][quote=&quot;"Ritadz" wrote:
Mancini is a good manager.
My arse.[/quote]

There we are.

He really isn't that good, I mean it has taken him this long to put a world beating team together and he has spent how much?

So no I don't think he is 'good' at all. If you have the funds anyone can buy the league.

This is what it will be like for the next umpteen years.

:roll:

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:34 am

Mancini is a good manager, his record at Inter proves that. I just think he's not the best at spending big money, although I doubt there's a manager alive who's as bad at spending money than Kenny Dalglish. As good a manager he was in the 80's and 90's, he spent over the odds for crap players. (excluding Suarez, who is IMO one of the best strikers in't league) this season and that's why Liverpool will finish 6th this season.

You can't critise RM for his man management skills or tactics, but he lacks transfer accum, although even he wouldn't buy Torres for £50 million. :P

Harry Redknapp is the sort of manager I'd have appointed, someone who can buy a crap left back and turn him into one of the worlds best wingers. Although as much as I like Harry, he's not my choice for next England manager. My choice took a small town team into the championship, and after getting relegated bounced back up and stayed in the league, then took a team from the bottom of League 1 to 3 points clear at the top of the championship.

Moley

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:09 pm

"Ritadz" wrote:
I doubt there's a manager alive who's as bad at spending money than Kenny Dalglish.

Rafa Benitez likes this.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:24 pm

Darren Bent going back to Sunderland today, expect misses, fouls and booing. [s:2pi9ekwr]Apparently[/s:2pi9ekwr] He left for more money.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

DDF14
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Arsenal Fan here.. What a great game today.. At last !

Robin Van Persie = £2.750,000

Torres = £50,000,000 (WHAT!)

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:11 pm

I enjoyed Chelsea getting beat by Arsenal, and I think after seeing them (arsenal) today they can still mount a serious title challange. Also glad we got our 3rd win today with a convincing 4-2 victory over Tranmere.

UTI.