UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:56 pm

What did SW8 look like 1 year ago... Well the screening opinion went in exactly a year ago!

http://riderater.co.uk/4809/alton-tower ... oden-ride/

TheCodeMaster
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:02 pm

Using those new plans, I created a mock up of what i think it could look like:
It starts off as a lift into a launch, as the plans suggest a small lift near the start, but then ends. The high points on the plans were used to get the heights for the hills.
Again, just speculation.
Your not so local California Resident.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:18 pm

The most striking thing is the strange incline change on the lift/launch hill. It may just be the most practical way to get the coaster to the desired starting point, but it could come as the result of something more intriguing...

Horras64
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:20 pm

It definitely is strange. From a visual perspective, I don't think it would look that appealing. Or from a design point, it gets is to the right height in the right length.

jonny9403
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:38 pm

TheCodeMaster wrote:
It starts off as a lift into a launch, as the plans suggest a small lift near the start, but then ends. The high points on the plans were used to get the heights for the hills.
Again, just speculation.

What's the height for the bit under the lift on yours ??

Georgie
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:13 am

So after some messing about with Adobe Illustrator, I managed to combine two of the diagrams from the application, which should give a better idea of how the new theming elements will interact with the ride itself. (Apologies if the image is too large!)

1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:25 am

TheCodeMaster wrote:
Using those new plans, I created a mock up of what i think it could look like

Thanks for sharing those images of how you envisage the ride!
It really puts the project into some perspective, making it more real. I'm sure many (including myself) are very grateful for your time and effort! :clap:

ASturge21
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:12 am

Would the pre-show be like the one before the lifthill on Baron 1898.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:22 am

I reckon the layout may change a bit, this isn't a full planning application and I reckon we will see adjustments to it.

Horras64
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:25 am

It definitely seems very small when you put it on the existing area.

demz_4
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:22 pm

Could it be that the coaster is just a part of the development? And the other space left around the flume site will house something else? A flat ride or more themeing/interactive elements?

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:49 pm

It is a possibility, with a brand new area (including a couple of flats) being rumoured too!

Javs
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:15 pm

Well it's definitely not a log flume or traditional water ride! That would end with a splash down. It is almost certainly a roller coaster. Just from the layout, my money is on a compact woodie. Darn I was convinced this was gonna be a B&M or Intamin!!

demz_4
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:19 pm

Are wooden coasters particularly expensive?? I've no idea of costing on wooden types? I'd be interested to hear what a similar layout/size to this has costed elsewhere in the world?

rbsmith18
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:34 pm

TheCodeMaster wrote:
Again, just speculation.

These look spectacular, thanks for the effort on creating them. Even if the plans don't end up reflecting these, it really got the excitement levels up!
Mr. Smith

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:31 pm

Javs wrote:
Well it's definitely not a log flume or traditional water ride! That would end with a splash down. It is almost certainly a roller coaster. Just from the layout, my money is on a compact woodie. Darn I was convinced this was gonna be a B&M or Intamin!!

Never say never!
No manufacturer has been announced yet, so anything is possible!

As TTSP often say... "Patience is a virtue!"

Horras64
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:37 pm

I hope it's not a water ride and doubt so too. Because all SW's have been coasters, and I don't think they'll want to break this trend. Also a 2018 opening indicates ot taking a long time to build. So my bet is on a woodie.

KoasterKraver
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Justin wrote:
Javs wrote:

Never say never!
No manufacturer has been announced yet, so anything is possible!

As TTSP often say... "Patience is a virtue!"

A water ride replacing a water ride would be nice, but ever since it said SW8 it's pointed to a coaster.

CJH
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:01 pm

I have a feeling that these "plans" could possibly be nothing like the final product. Due to it being in a GDA which doesn't need as much planning or the real layout or ride type to be released with the planning application.
I recon they will mislead the enthusiasts as surprise us with something amazing hopefully and RMC, but time will tell.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:09 pm

A full planning application is due to be submitted which I think will give us a much better and assured idea of what to expect, although of course there could still be further amendments to that, like what was seen with The Smiler.