UK theme parks from another point of view!

nicky.borrill
TT Member
TT Member

Re: People Smoking Outside Of Designated Areas

Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:00 pm

ROYJESS wrote:
nicky.borrill wrote:
That’s brilliant!!! Well done Colchester Zoo for recognising that Vapers are trying to make a healthier choice and don’t want to inhale smoke, especially not somebody else’s.

PhNx Survivor wrote:
As good as that is, I’d personally want the vaping area a good 15-30 feet away from the smoking area, as you’d still be able to smell the smoke from there on a not so breezy day.

A bit ironic?  ;)

nicky.borrill wrote:
I assumed the arrow was showing smokers the way to the smoking area, some distance away, was I incorrect?

The smoking zone is behind that 8ft fence

Not sure I got the ironic thing?  :lol
But yeh, an 8ft fence and that distance would do just fine for me. I’d happily seek out areas like this. 

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Re: People Smoking Outside Of Designated Areas

Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:57 am

nicky.borrill wrote:
ROYJESS wrote:
nicky.borrill wrote:
That’s brilliant!!! Well done Colchester Zoo for recognising that Vapers are trying to make a healthier choice and don’t want to inhale smoke, especially not somebody else’s.

PhNx Survivor wrote:
As good as that is, I’d personally want the vaping area a good 15-30 feet away from the smoking area, as you’d still be able to smell the smoke from there on a not so breezy day.

A bit ironic?  ;)

nicky.borrill wrote:
I assumed the arrow was showing smokers the way to the smoking area, some distance away, was I incorrect?

The smoking zone is behind that 8ft fence

Not sure I got the ironic thing?  :lol
But yeh, an 8ft fence and that distance would do just fine for me. I’d happily seek out areas like this. 

I guess it is a little ironic :lol
Like I said I’d personally like it a bit away.. I mean for all I know the smoking area is quite a distance away from that fence, so either way, I guess it’ll have to do ;)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”