UK theme parks from another point of view!

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - The Future

Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:32 pm

They certainty need to sort their food offerings out for 2020. Apart from Sombrero's and Wilderness waffles, there isn't anything on offer that in the slightest interests me.

At some point I'm sure they'll add a new ride. The number of rides showing their age now is becoming a little concerning and hopefully not something that will become a larger issue next year. Quantum has opened for only an afternoon this year, Zodiac has recently stopped operation, Flying Fish has had a lot of downtime, Walking Dead is typically on about 3 trains, Tidal Wave water effects have given up and frequently gets stuck with a boat on the hill, and Samurai struggles even on its currently extremely slow cycle. To balance that though, the big rollercoasters have all been on maximum capacity the entire year, which is great and hopefully continues next year.

My biggest hope for improvement is overall crowd control and site access. Car park entry goes wrong as all guests attempt to use a single lane, then exiting goes wrong because the barrier system is still terrible, leaving an awful final impression on guests leaving. Security needs a rethink on throughput, as despite having I believe the largest number of personnel doing bag checks across all of the Resorts, it also has the slowest moving queue by a significant margin across all of the Resorts.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:40 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
They certainty need to sort their food offerings out for 2020. Apart from Sombrero's and Wilderness waffles, there isn't anything on offer that in the slightest interests me.

At some point I'm sure they'll add a new ride. The number of rides showing their age now is becoming a little concerning and hopefully not something that will become a larger issue next year. Quantum has opened for only an afternoon this year, Zodiac has recently stopped operation, Flying Fish has had a lot of downtime, Walking Dead is typically on about 3 trains, Tidal Wave water effects have given up and frequently gets stuck with a boat on the hill, and Samurai struggles even on its currently extremely slow cycle. To balance that though, the big rollercoasters have all been on maximum capacity the entire year, which is great and hopefully continues next year.

My biggest hope for improvement is overall crowd control and site access. Car park entry goes wrong as all guests attempt to use a single lane, then exiting goes wrong because the barrier system is still terrible, leaving an awful final impression on guests leaving. Security needs a rethink on throughput, as despite having I believe the largest number of personnel doing bag checks across all of the Resorts, it also has the slowest moving queue by a significant margin across all of the Resorts.

Yes about security. Its excruciatingly slow. I don't think we will see a new ride next year though as much as the park needs one. They should focus on everything they already have and make it better again. If we are going to look at rides, Rumba needs to be more exciting. Something I noticed at Liseberg is how a couple of small water cannons or unavoidable water effects like dripping pipes work well and make people actually laugh. If they make the water effects unavoidable, than they wont have people trying to get out of their seats.  The coasters, I can't complain about. They have been working really well and even Colossus has been smoother this year :lol

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:57 pm

Well Thunder River used to have jets, so it's entirely doable. It feels to me that it used to have a couple of more rapids sections. Now there are about two places where you could get wet: just going into the tunnel; and at the rocks in the viewing area - where it should be noted you can get very very wet here still if you are lucky/unlucky. So long as they don't go cheap and add back in the pay-to-squirt things - I really hate those, despite the amusement that can be had with them. :lol

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:53 pm

I certainly agree about food offerings - sometimes I’ve not fancied some of them although the fish and chips place is ok. My other issue is that Fins menu choice is pretty limited and not enough choice like there used to be.