UK theme parks from another point of view!

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - General Discussion

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:10 pm

The park was extremely busy today, but to the parks credit things did appear on-the-whole to be working, with ride throughputs seemingly good across the park.

But seriously, that car park needs rethinking. I'm honestly concerned at the state of the exit, with cars arriving from two directions, with lanes filtering into them, then people walking straight through the mass of cars to the pick up/drop off point directly from the park gate. The exit is a faff as it is, but you need to be so alert now to exit safely.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:30 pm

As reported by SouthParks, Thorpe Park Resort will be operating entirely cashless on Sunday, including all restaurants and shops.

Easter Sunday is often one of the busiest days of the year by far, so this may help speed things up across the park. Personally, I'm going to wait until either Monday or next weekend before returning to the resort.

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:40 pm

Not sure about this but I seem to think Easter last year was travellers’ weekend?
Thanks Jack

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:43 pm

AltonOperator wrote:
Not sure about this but I seem to think Easter last year was travellers’ weekend?

Yeah it is. They always go cashless when the travellers descend on the park so its not a permanent thing.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:34 pm

Another warm and busy day at the park and it definitely seems like they have got operations pretty much there this year. Minimal empty seats, with staff moving people where possible to fill things. Even Ghost Train appeared to just operate without ride-stopping issues. Walking Dead seemed to go down about midday and I'm not sure it ever opened. I even got pretty wet on Rumba. So all in all, a good day and people seemed to be happy. Well, until they tried to leave.

Even at 4pm, a mini chaos was beginning at the exit gates (park close is at 6). A single member of staff had been stationed there, but even though everyone had bought their parking online or had a pass, pretty much no one's phone worked with the scanners, meaning the staff member had to scan every phone user. Of course 1 staff member and 4 gates doesn't work. So the horns started, albeit I think to try and get the staff member's attention to another lane rather than through aggression. But I'm not convinced the staff member realised this, and from their expression I suspect they would have preferred some help at the very least.

Disappointing to see the park never bothered to make any changes to the car park exit, despite them using the promise of changes coming this year to appease the numerous complaints and videos of the ridiculousness that is trying to exit the Thorpe Park car park.

ProfBurp
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:31 pm

The car park exit is still becoming a serious issue this season, despite of the promise of investments, it really is a big problem and it took me 90 mins to get out the car park earlier in the week. It’s such a shame as really doesn’t leave guests feeling anything but angry at the end of the day, especially if unlike me they are not a Premium Passholder meaning they have to pay the parking fee to then sit in a queue.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:08 pm

Thorpe Park have released a teaser puzzle for Jungle Escape. Can you decode it?

Your map of The Island will guide you through, use the numbers and symbols to uncover this clue!

Hint: You will need a copy of the park map. See this SouthParks Facebook post for a digital version.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:18 pm

A second puzzle has appeared for the build up to Friday's launch of Jungle Escape.

Going back in time is the key to this one. Take a look at our tweets to see what we’ve done

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed May 01, 2019 8:34 pm

Thorpe Park have announced the Club MTV event for the summer which will take place across 3 nights. More details including artists coming soon.

Source: Thorpe Park Facebook

I'm the boy with the bubbles

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed May 01, 2019 8:50 pm

I'm thinking its this years version of Ministry of Sound nights. 

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed May 01, 2019 8:56 pm

I'm intrigued to see if this is 3 nights spread out over summer, or a single weekend where Friday-Sunday are late night openings.

If it's over a single weekend, could we see different events taking place each weekend during summer?

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu May 02, 2019 12:32 pm

Another teaser puzzle for Jungle Escape has been released by Thorpe Park

Source: Thorpe Park's Facebook

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat May 04, 2019 6:19 pm

As reported on SouthParks social media the screens around Jungle Escape have been taken down, in preparation for the attraction's opening in a couple of weeks.

It's a shame that the opening has been delayed, but I'm looking forward to seeing just what they have turned this attraction into.

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed May 08, 2019 6:13 pm

The first 2 nights of the ClubMTV event have been announced via Thorpe Park's Facebook

Justin
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Wed May 08, 2019 8:23 pm

Never heard of any of the featured!

Good to see that they are continuing the MOS style events!

GregH94
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2019 9:49 pm

Justin wrote:
Never heard of any of the featured!

Good to see that they are continuing the MOS style events!

Neither have I, because I generally try to avoid bad music  :lol

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri May 10, 2019 6:52 pm

The third and final night of the ClubMTV event has been announced via Thorpe Park's Facebook

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2019 7:40 pm

It’s a bit embarrassing that they can’t get even one fairly well known name to headline this. 

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun May 12, 2019 12:50 pm

As reported on SouthParks Facebook, Jungle Escape is a really fun experience with a good mix of humour and interaction.

The puzzles are pitched just right with them being the right level of difficulty so they're not too easy but still pose a decent challenge. Whilst we can't spoil exactly what the puzzles are, they are very much in the style of some of the challenges seen in The Crystal Maze.

Are you planning to try and escape from the jungle when Jungle Escape opens?

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon May 13, 2019 8:17 pm

As report on SouthParks News, this weekend (12th May), Thorpe Park Resort opened the doors to their newest escape room experience, Jungle Escape, for an invited group to preview the Island’s newest addition. SouthParks were amongst those invited to try and escape the Jungle Arena, the following link does contain spoilers from the attraction