UK theme parks from another point of view!

Janey75
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Resort - General Discussion

Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:18 pm

AltonOperator wrote:
I’d like to clarify that although it would be an alright idea and it has been mentioned in the past, I do not believe it will happen in the next few years, if at all. Possibly if sw9 is located around there they could build it at the same time but I still don’t think it’s likely.

I’ve just booked to stay at enchanted village and I’m sure it mentions a rear entrance to the park for hotel visitors. Is this not the case? I really need to find out as I need to know whether to park at the village first thing in the morning or go to the usual carpark.

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:45 pm

Janey75 wrote:
AltonOperator wrote:
I’d like to clarify that although it would be an alright idea and it has been mentioned in the past, I do not believe it will happen in the next few years, if at all. Possibly if sw9 is located around there they could build it at the same time but I still don’t think it’s likely.

I’ve just booked to stay at enchanted village and I’m sure it mentions a rear entrance to the park for hotel visitors. Is this not the case? I really need to find out as I need to know whether to park at the village first thing in the morning or go to the usual carpark.

As a hotel guest you get free parking near the hotels. Leave your car there. If there’s a hotel entrance then use that, if not, join the long queue to the main entrance.
Thanks Jack

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:25 pm

Alton Towers have submitted a planning application to establish an enhanced and slightly extended 'Heritage Tour' through the Towers Ruins.

TowersTimes News reviews all the details, including a look at the layout plans for scare mazes The Attic: Terror of the Towers, Altonville Mine Tours: Uncover the Legend of the Skin Snatchers, and Sub Species: The End Games.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:50 pm

Not sure if people caught it but there was a one off documentary about the re-opening over on Channel 4 last week.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/alt ... aster-year
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:56 pm

Tickets for the Christmas event are now on sale, Adults £24 (£12.50) and Children £15 (£12.50) - Bracket prices are for Annual Passholders.

It includes selected rides, a 45-minute Panto (Robin Hood, Santa's Woodland Grotto and more!

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:51 pm

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:26 pm

Christmas came to Alton Towers this weekend with the start of their Festive Days Out event.

Inviting local guests for a day of special festive entertainment and jolly Garden tours, TowersTimes explores the seasonal delights on offer.