UK theme parks from another point of view!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Reaction To Jeremy Clarkson Sacking!

Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:18 pm

Who do you think will replace him, how will top gear survive, what is your reaction??

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Rection To Jeremy Clarkson Sacking!

Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:40 pm

Not really a fan of top gear, the times its been on TV in the background all I've seen them do is get paid to travel the world and do stupid challenges in motor vehicles. He made an error and now he is rightfully paying for it. I'm sure it'll survive but have not got the slightest idea who will replace him if anybody.
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Nathan_Fisher
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:40 pm

Emporium wrote:
Who do you think will replace him, how will top gear survive, what is your reaction??

I have quite a big opinion on this, Clarkson should never of been sacked. Yes, he did assault a producer but look at the petition that was created over 1 million signatures, that shows just how many people support him. The BBC are going to lose a large sum of money through sacking him and possible even more from James and Richard already saying that they won't produce the show without Jeremy, which in my opinion makes sense because it wouldn't be the same without him. I read the BBC news article about it, and they are already planning for the show in 2016, really??? It just shows how desperate the BBC are by sacking him, because they know they won't be anywhere near the amount of money being made as before.

Doesn't Jeremy own a part of TopGear? if so, if he refused to sell his part then it would cause trouble because he can still have a say about what happens in the show. Correct me if i'm wrong, i have no business sense. I guess if he had never done what he did, this wouldn't of happened. It's such a shame, considering it was my favorite TV show, the BBC will never be able to re commission the show to how it used to be.

He should really take his show and presenters to a new channel, i'm sure any TV company would gladly have top gear knowing how much money it will make them.

coasterchemist
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:48 pm

I think that more is going on here than the parties concerned want us to know. He's stupid sometimes but he's no idiot. The BBC are claiming that it was completely unprovoked, but nobody randomly decides to get up and punch someone. There are always two sides to each story. Each party tells it slightly differently and somewhere in the middle lies the truth. In this situation, the only side we have heard is the side of the victim. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that JC is innocent at all, just that the circumstances surrounding the event have only been heard from one side. In my opinion, there are very few circumstances that would justify his actions, although there's nothing to say that this isn't one of those. I don't think we will ever know for certain exactly what happened.

As for the future of TG, I have no doubt that in 2016 we will see it again, with the same format and the same lineup of Richard, James and Jeremy, albeit on a different channel and with a different name.

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:00 pm

As much as I am a fan of both Clarkson and Top Gear, he got what he deserved.

If any of us physically and/or verbally abused a colleague, we would lose our jobs. That is exactly what has happened here.

I would have loved for him to continue as I love Top Gear, but it was never going to happen.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with May & Hammond, as May has said they "come as a package" so I can see another broadcaster (Channel 4 or Sky etc) snapping them up and creating a very similar show.

As controversial as Clarkson is, I find him very entertaining and I will certainly miss Top Gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:20 pm

I think it's abolsutely ridiculous. BBC have made a huge mistake, and I hope everyone who works on the show moves over to another major station and continues bringing in the millions of pounds it makes every month. You know the saying, you dont know what you've got until it's gone. BBC will regret this is if they don't put things right asap.

Rant over :)

Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:27 pm

I'm absolutely chuffed that he's finally gone.

Regardless of the popularity of your show or the revenue generated - you're not above the law or common decency, especially when you're being paid by the British Taxpayer. Racism and assault have no place in the BBC irrespective of the situation surrounding it.

It's worth noting that 'The BBC's official report reveals that Clarkson verbally abused producer Oisin Tymon for 20 minutes before hitting him, causing swelling and bleeding and prompting a trip to A&E. Clarkson's prolonged shouting was so loud it could be heard in hotel guests' rooms.' [digital Spy]. I think quite a few of those million people who signed the petition will be regretting that decision.

Top Gear will go on, shows like that have survived far worse.

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:52 am

Finally, someone who agrees with me ^

You can't act like just because you have a massive following/fanbase, you can get away with everything. Frankly, he deserves what he gets.

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Reaction To Jeremy Clarkson Sacking!

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:38 pm

I do not agree with anything that clarkson has done outside of Top Gear and I very much doubt the show will come back (or at least not nearly as good a show as it was). but Top Gear itself is a show that I will very much miss without the amazing chemistry of Clarkson, Hammond and May. I have been watching this show since I was young and so this is actually something I have memories watching with my family...ah well, there is always Dave :P

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:53 pm

Personally, it is a real shame this incident occurred and I agree with Jack in that I will miss the chemistry between the three presenters as I am a fan of Top Gear. However, what happened was unpleasant and the appropriate action was taken.

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:03 am

Lets face it, he has enough money to move on with his life and also he's still a columnist in the sun paper, so he isn't hard up.
I personally think this was long over due as he has been involved in many controversial scandals.
As for Top Gear, the future of the show would depend on a couple of things. 1. Will Richard and James want to continue without him and 2. Would the general number of viewers diminish as it wouldn't be the same without him.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY

JustWill
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:40 am

I'm sure Top Gear will continue, yet it won't be the same without Clarkson.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:54 am

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/jer ... s-happened

Yes its unfortunate he lost his mother, going through divorce and a cancer scare but imo hes just trying to find excuses for his behavior and saying fans don't know how stressful and difficult that time was.

We all feel like that at some point where the whole word is against you and nothing goes right, some people just snap I guess but he got what he deserved, I hope for his sanity he finds another project as with everything going on with him if he doesn't I'm sure he'll sink into deep depression.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc