UK theme parks from another point of view!

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Galactica - General Discussion

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:30 pm

There is that element to it, but queueing can also be very frustrating as bypassing the VR riders usually happens towards the front of the line. As a result, you still find yourself queueing for longer than needed, whilst watching empty trains go around!

I do like the Galactia theme, but work is needed to enhance the rides capacity!

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:12 pm

Justin wrote:

I do like the Galactia theme, but work is needed to enhance the rides capacity!

I have a solution: remove the VR.

They’ve had three seasons to get it working correctly, and they’ve failed. I can’t even bare to join the queue line anymore unless the ride is walk-on. They’ve created a level of faff that should never have existed in the first place, and if the rumours of VR being removed are true, it won’t be a day too soon.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:43 pm

I do agree, but realistically, will it be removed? I know the end of year questionnaire could suggest its removal, but if it isn't, then a solution must be found to combat the queuing issue.

GregH94
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:44 pm

I think the portal theming, night lighting and station is superior to Air, just not so much the VR aspect. I'm not too sure what will become of the VR this season onwards if I'm honest, I mean Kraken probably dropped theirs after a couple of years for a reason.  

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:37 pm

I can fully understand the decision to add the VR. It was probably the best ride at the park to do it on. I think it was a clever idea and in year one it worked sort of. If Merlin/Towers wanted the VR to thrive, they would have sunk the money into the attraction in year 2 and 3, which they didn't, so it did basically become a massive waste of time and effort. There was nothing wrong with Air though!

Rob
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:31 am

VR and Galactica gave the resort what they needed for a season, a fairly cheap new marketable ride to bring in visitors. Time to remove the VR and return the attraction back to Air.