UK theme parks from another point of view!

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Food & Beverages

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:14 pm

So Fins has apparently gone part-time. Apart from preview day, every subsequent time I've been there it has been closed for food until 5:30pm. Today it appeared that it at least opened for drinks in the early afternoon. Bit of a shame, as none of the other food places have the same atmosphere or food available.

There's also a new menu available in Sombrero's Burrito Bar.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:22 pm

If it is the case that Fin's is no longer going to be open for lunch then that is really disappointing. It was always my go to place to eat on the Resort as it generally offered a nice range of food options from lighter bites, to a more substantial meal.

However, I do like the look of the new menu at Sombrero' Burritos. Whilst it clearly isn't mexican themed, I do like the look of the Indian and Malaysian wraps (plus they appear to have the added bonus of being a rare food item that doesn't have cheese in them!) and may have to give them a go next time I visit.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat May 04, 2019 12:35 pm

Fin's has reopened for lunch today, running the same reduced menu that was seen at preview day.

Weirdly, the Fin's House Burger has had a slight change with a brioche bun now used. I'm not sure I overly like the combination. The chips were good though.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:05 pm

I may have just never noticed it this year, but it appears that Proper Cornish have been relocated to Peckish rather than outright removed.

I didn't really see any sign of them at the counter this weekend, but it would be great if they are regularly available. Especially given the increased popularity of Sombrero's making the queue longer :lol.

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:54 pm

I had a burger at Fins on the day of the Southern Screamer and whilst it was ok, I do think the reduced menu is a bit of a shame as they used to have a pretty good selection of dishes to choose from.  Having said that, the pasty place looks interesting so I may check it out next time I'm at Thorpe :)

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:54 pm

Food options at all the Merlin Parks are quite dull really. It’s basic, cheap food that they can make a profit on and doesn’t require any skill to make/reheat. It’s such a shame that the food options are so terrible. Theme parks are supposed to be fun places where even the food should be magical, but Merlin Parks are terrible.