Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you a scoundrel at heart?
- When you walk into a room, can the tension be cut with a knife?
- Do your friends often say that you can’t be trusted?
- Do you even have any friends at all?
This is a truly unique opportunity to join the team at the Alton Towers Dungeon, a brand new attraction launching at Alton Towers Resort this March. This specially created role will see the appointed individual be responsible for ‘atmosphere balancing’ – countering guests’ enjoyable experience with outrageous behaviour in order to create an inhospitable and tense environment.
To the wrong candidate, this could be the worst job imaginable. To the right candidate, one who displays traits of repulsiveness, who revels in being mischievous, and who has a penchant for the dark side of life – this could be the best job in the world.
Does this sound like it could be you…?
You will be an individual with the ability to:
- cause outrage to a confident level
- be resolute in your opinions and gifted in the art of condemnation
- be a personality-driven performer who inspires revulsion
- work comfortably surrounded by rats (both literally and personified)
Previous public-speaking experience desired but not necessary (e.g. TV and/or radio presenting or engagement in politics).
An adequate level of fitness and stamina is not required; an unpleasant appearance is a bonus.
Due to the nature of the role, successful candidates will take enjoyment from tormenting their guests and will be unapologetic for their actions. They may have strong opinions, but their mood will not be stable.
The role is short-term and part-time, focusing initially on the opening weekend (March 2019) with a potential to extend throughout the year across weekdays, weekends and bank holidays if successful.
Alongside the opportunity to inflict your unique personality on guests from across the nation, the role also comes with a great benefits package including a Lifetime Premium Season Pass*, access to regular healthcare advice and legal counsel.
To apply for the position, or nominate someone:
- Please provide examples of previous rogue behaviour (links to relevant social media posts will be accepted)
- Please provide a 50-word applicant summary with background on appropriate qualifications and experience for this role
Application deadline is the Alton Towers Dungeon opening weekend (Saturday 23rd March)*valid for 10 years from job start date, or until death of applicant. Whichever is chronologically first.