UK theme parks from another point of view!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Topic Author

THE LEGO MOVIE World - 2021

Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:20 pm

As reported on SouthParks News, Legoland Windsor Resort have submitted plans to redevelop Adventure Land. Plans suggest that the Resort could be getting its very own THE LEGO® MOVIE™ World, similar to the one opened in LEGOLAND Florida Resort earlier this year.

Although originally included in the LTDP as the 2019 attraction, the delay in that being approved now means the new area is scheduled to open in 2021.

The development is expected to consist of:
  • THE LEGO® MOVIE™ Masters of Flight - a flying theatre attraction
  • Unikitty’s Disco Drop - two family drop towers
  • Re-theme of SQUID Surfer, possibly to a variant of Florida's Battle of Bricksburg water-based attraction
  • Benny’s Play Ship - play equipment, including a slide
  • Emmet’s Super Suite - a photo opportunity
  • A games unit kiosk

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: THE LEGO MOVIE World - 2021

Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:30 pm

Quite excited by this. I love flying theatres, so having one in the UK will be good. I believe Merlin use a different manufacturer to Disney and a couple of European parks, I hope that its ride feels just as good.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:29 pm

This looks to be a good addition for Legoland provided it gets the go ahead. It'll provide a much needed refresh for an area that is looking very tired and needs some love. The LEGO Movie is huge, and will be for some time so it's a good choice to use for the area. The Flying Theatre will be another indoor attraction which will help add to the ability of the Resort to cope with poor weather.

My only concern is that the local council take too long to make a decision on the plans. The last few developments have taken far longer than it should have done to be given the go ahead, with appeals needed in some cases. There sadly seems to be people on the planning comittee determined to scupper Legoland for no good reason.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:40 pm

I think this will be a great addition to the park if it gets approved. As people have said, The LEGO movie has been huge so it makes logical sense that they introduce it to the park. Plus it kind of feels like it could be a more grown up area of the park with a few rides for the bigger, but young kids, if that makes sense.