UK theme parks from another point of view!

Morgan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Topic Author

Oktoberfest - General Discussion

Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:48 pm

Thorpe Park have announced they will be hosting a new Oktoberfest event this Autumn.

Unlike the family friendly event scheduled at Alton Towers, Thorpe Park will be catering primarily for adults with a Germanic drinking festival that runs on the the 18th-20th, 25th–27th September, and 2nd–4th October.

Are you interested to discover more about this new event?

NemeJaney
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Oktoberfest - General Discussion

Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:27 pm

It would be interesting to compare the Thorpe and Towers events, and I think it's good that one is aimed at adults and one is more family-friendly.

It will also be interesting to see how many "guest illnesses" occur as a result!

cowolter
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:25 am

I wonder if Towers are carrying on with theirs? 

Oktoberfest is a blast. Most friendly beer drinking event I've ever been to. It's really a conglomeration of all travelers, which is completely fine.

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:34 am

cowolter wrote:
 I wonder if Towers are carrying on with theirs? 

Oktoberfest is a blast. Most friendly beer drinking event I've ever been to. It's really a conglomeration of all travelers, which is completely fine.

Alton Towers are still promoting their Oktoberfest event, which suggests they plan on it going ahead.

It must be noted that the Thorpe event is being marketed more towards the 18+ demographic, whereas the one at Towers is heading for a more family friendly approach.