UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

X Sector 2006?

Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:01 pm

Will there be a new flat ride in 2006? Or will the tent be left empty for another season?
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roose
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:21 pm

I read somewhere that if the Black Hole is sold then part of the deal was the tent was going with it, so we could just have a big slab of concrete(or whatevers there).

Locker
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:26 pm

Sold? Who would want to buy a coaster that's past its sell by date?

Regards,
Mark

Squiggles
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:36 pm

ummm... coasters have very long sell by dates. The Blackhole is still young and it wouldn't take much to bring it back up to being a premier attraction in some small park somewhere.
Edwardo..... move me!

Ant

Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:39 pm

Somewhere like flamingo land could do with buying it and the tent.

Anonymous

Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:39 pm

Well it's been 'Mothballed' and Alton have had the 'last goodbye' event so I imagine this means it's being sold.

Jay12
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:03 pm

But on the 2005 season park map the Tent is still on it, so could this be a sign that the tent is staying?
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:11 pm

Maybe they're just keeping the tent there on the map for this year as a landmark to help peole find their way around and to be a accurate representation of the park in 2005.

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:22 pm

I read somewhere that if the Black Hole is sold then part of the deal was the tent was going with it

That is what we were led to beleive at the goodbye blackhole event, also said that if it is sold, unlikely it will be in this country, probably because of our much stricter h&s requirements.##Anyway who really wants a coaster that is 30 years old (was 14 years old when AT installed it in 1988!!)???

Well if i had enough room in my garden maybe, but I would imagine the maintanance would cost a bomb.

Think once its finally removed from the park, tent and all, we will hopefully see a nice new flat ride there, and the removal of submission.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

geo
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:30 pm

I dont think we'll be see anything in the black hole space for at least a couple of seasons, maybe after the revamped cred st!

Gashead
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:48 pm

Yea i was just about to say... i dont think they will put anything there if cred st redevlopement is gonig to take place...i should imagine they will consentrate on that

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:54 pm

they cant just leave that prime spot empty for a few years tho. Something will have to go there! Hopefully they will keep the tent and put a flat inside. That would be pretty kewl! :D :D
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

bohoboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:49 pm

agreed, it's prime space, something very precious at AT i doubt they'd leave it vacant for too long.

the_j
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:59 pm

:( i dont want this to happen but between the beast being removed(this is the right ride aint it) and air being build was a good couple of seasons, if the rummours of cred street being rebuilt are true then the black hole space may remain empty for a while , the only rummors of new rides in thsi space came from planning worker 2006 and how true is he :?:

Crazy Mike
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:07 pm

If not nothing new maybe Dynamo or another of the rides that are in storage?

Bailey
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:06 pm

i personally dont know whats going to happen yet in the 2006 season and what will be new. i will be finding out pretty soon though i should think :wink:

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:42 pm

but between the beast being removed(this is the right ride aint it) and air being build was a good couple of seasons

indeed, the beast was removed in 1997, and air opened in 2002, not quiete sure when construction started, late 2000 or early 2001? maybe someone can clarify, so the site was empty for a good 2-3 years before any signs of anything new.

Dont think we will see anything there next year, maybe 2007, a flat ride, europe 1st maybe???, who knows what technological advances could bring us :) ..
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Northern_Rider
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:08 am

Somewhere like flamingo land could do with buying it and the tent.

No chance, FL is going for new rides not old ones. Maybe a smaller park but not FL.

I_love_at
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:23 am

they could even turn it in to a dark ride.

Satch

Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:27 am

They are keeping Black Hole running each day as they hope to sell it, and so it will be in good running condition when they do so. A report from the Black Hole event said however that they may keep the tent to use with a new attraction, and it may not be sold with the ride.

Id like to see a new flat there, utilising the tent as I cant imagine X-Sector without the tent! I imagine it will be a couple of years however before anything new goes in. Black Hole will be removed when a buyer is found, and that could take months.